3.91 sGPA 3.85 cGPA 34 MCAT; Late App

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Jaxjaxer

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I submitted my application on Aug. 1 and became ready for review Aug 5. My numbers are above, I'm applying to every school in NY due to my residency, plus some outside NY, including UofP, Yale, Chicago, Northwestern, Miami, Penn State, Temple, Maryland and a few others I cannot remember off the top of my head.
I like to think I have a unique application due to my strong computer science background and an EMR company which I co-founded. Research is there, shadowing and community service also. I just powered through 5 multi-purpose essays for secondaries I haven't received yet, so I can submit them the day I get verified. Assuming the rest of my app is solid, (and I am really freaking out a bit), and I get verified 10-12 days from now hopefully, have I totally ruined my chances at Medical School this year??

Members don't see this ad.

Can you expound on your ECs?

So 10-12 days may be an underestimation; you may not get verified until the end of the month due to the AMCAS backlog. You'll definitely be late to many of the medical schools on your list, but you may still have a chance for an interview after the holidays. Your state schools might give you an earlier interview as well, so don't give up hope.

If it doesn't work out this cycle, apply early next cycle and you should stand a much better chance.

you seem to be applying a bit top heavy, i hope that the rest of the schools you couldnt remember are more varied

Ok, so the other schools I remembered are Jefferson, Drexel and both Rutgers affiliated Medical schools. And in terms of EC's. I have been a tutor in all disciplines for high school and elementary school for the past 6 years as well as a college tutor. I am a program coordinator for a program that organizes tutoring for underprivileged children around my university in science and mathematics. However, I am just curious time frame wise, how late is too late for the secondaries? I know a lot of students were affected due to delays..