3.92/3.9 35 MCAT ALL online

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

RichardSimmons

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Okay so here is my situation,

I completed my degree from AMU in business admin while in the military. When I got out I started working immediately and took all my pre reqs with labs online from UNE and calc based physics from AMU. I did take biochem at my local university though and recieved an A. My overall CGPA is 3.92 and BCPM is 3.9. I scored a 35 on the MCAT (first attempt).

EC
100+ hours volunteering at ER.
One year volunteer for Special Olympics.
Military Veteran.
Volunteered at nursing home 20 hours.
50 hours shadowing.
Currently working on research (psychology related) via correspondence with a professor.

Work ex.
Military (full time)
State employment (full time)

Obviously my situation is different than your average pre med, so please let me know what you think. I am not opposed to DO at all; but would prefer MD. My state MD school is out of the question since they don't accept online pre reqs but the DO school said they look at the whole application, so that may be favorable for me. I am willing to relocate though, since my wife is fine with the idea.

Members don't see this ad.

What is your state of record?

Do you have any ties with other states?

Southern schools seem to be very military-friendly. Are you open to any of those?

Buy the MSAR and find schools hat accept online classes. Start there.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using SDN Mobile

I have a friend who was a Navy medic (multiple tours OEF-Mindanao/Maghreb/Afghanistan/Gulf of Aden) and did online school through UMaryland. He applied to DO schools and was accepted to multiple schools that say they don't accept online coursework. I think his solid MCAT and years of active duty gave him a silent pass for the "no online" requirement. I don't know the details about his military service, but I understand he's highly decorated. I'm not sure how many brownie points that got him.

He didn't apply MD because of his low GPA, so I don't know if MD schools are as flexible with the online requirement.