3.99 gpa, 31/29 mcats: Advice on List of Schools :)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Mufasaa

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I got to school in NJ and want to stay on the east coast, preferably near the tri-state area. My gpa is 3.99 and my august 2012 MCAT was a 31 and my april 2013 MCAT was a 29. I have plenty of leadership positions, a year of research (no pubs), decent amount of volunteering/shadowing.

the schools I am considering are:

UMDNJ - NJMS
UMDNJ - RWJ
Cooper - Rowan
NYMC
Stony Brook
Jefferson
Penn State
Temple
Drexel
George Washington
Georgetown*
U. Maryland*
Einstein*
Dartmouth*

Im from NJ btw. Please help me with suggestions for schools I should add and let me know what you think of my list. Thank you!! :p

Members don't see this ad.

Maybe add SUNY downstate, SUNY upstate, u of Illinois, and Albany. Throw in one or two more reach schools u really like for fun.

The below avg MCAT might hurt at some schools, so suggest investing in the MSAR to see where best to apply. Your list is good and would suggest ALL NY schools, even NYU, and ALL PA schools. U VT, Tufts, BU, Quinnipac should be added as well. Good luck!

Hi everyone,

I got to school in NJ and want to stay on the east coast, preferably near the tri-state area. My gpa is 3.99 and my august 2012 MCAT was a 31 and my april 2013 MCAT was a 29. I have plenty of leadership positions, a year of research (no pubs), decent amount of volunteering/shadowing.

the schools I am considering are:

UMDNJ - NJMS
UMDNJ - RWJ
Cooper - Rowan
NYMC
Stony Brook
Jefferson
Penn State
Temple
Drexel
George Washington
Georgetown*
U. Maryland*
Einstein*
Dartmouth*

Im from NJ btw. Please help me with suggestions for schools I should add and let me know what you think of my list. Thank you!! :p

Thank you Goro and OhHey for your suggestions, I will make the most of them. If anyone would like to add something else, please free to do so :)

Thanks!