3 months before application

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

goranog

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all
I'm wondering if you could help me draft a 3 month plan for preparing my application.
My plan is to submit in early June and I have some/part of my personal statement written and my activities partially written but far from perfect. My LORs are complete.
What schedule should I follow to tinker with and get the perfect application?
Any other things I can be working on in the meantime?
Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

The most important things to do would be finishing up your personal statement and compiling a full list of your ECs along with info about them. The applications will usually open up a few weeks before you can submit them, and you can start perfecting your application then. I put together a timeline in my blog a while ago that may help you out a bit: http://www.aspiringminoritydoctor.com/2014/01/application-timeline.html

The most important things to do would be finishing up your personal statement and compiling a full list of your ECs along with info about them. The applications will usually open up a few weeks before you can submit them, and you can start perfecting your application then. I put together a timeline in my blog a while ago that may help you out a bit: http://www.aspiringminoritydoctor.com/2014/01/application-timeline.html

Good advice! The PS is the most time-intensive and important step at this point.

OP- In the meantime, stay consistent with volunteering/ECs/etc. If you (god forbid) need to reapply next year, you'll need to show that you cared about your commitments and that they weren't just check boxes to get into med school. Good luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
I put a lot more time into my "most meaningful" essays than I anticipated, maybe think about those as well...they are just so short!

Reactions: 1 user
You can see if you can get a copy of last years secondary applications from former applicants and start working on the essays so you can turn them in the day they arrive.