3 Months What should I do

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

divajai

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
OK, here's my dilemma. I just realised that Im going to have to reapply this application cycle. I took the MCAT last year in july and made a 24; 10BS 6PS 8VR Q. I grad with a 3.4 cum 3.5 sci gpa. But I didnt realise that since I retook classes my AAMC gpa ends up being 3.1 and 3.2 science. Yeah I know so low. Well I feel like my only chance is to retake the MCAT again which is like taking a bullet. My prob is that no matter what I do I never get physics or general chemistry enough to do well. Last year I literally read the chem text book almost the whole thing 3 times. And I know ppl say do alot of problems but if I dont even get the material doing the problems arent helping. So how do I prepare? What books will break down it like elementary style. Verbal I feel like I will be fine I just didnt prepare enough last year, only like two weeks. So PLEASE HELP!

Members don't see this ad.

Biology: 1. EK Bio (for content) + BR Bio (for passages and further topic depth if needed) 2. TPR Hyperlearning, detail oriented 3. Kaplan

Physics
: 1. BR 2. Nova 3. TPR Hyperlearning 4. EK/Kaplan

Verbal: 1. EK Verbal + EK 101 Verbal 2. TPR Hyperlearning 3. BR 4. Kaplan (Avoid if possible)

Organic Chemistry: 1. BR, by far 2. TPR Hyperlearning 3. EK/Kaplan

General Chemistry: 1. BR, by far 2. TPR Hyperlearning 3. EK/Kaplan

Extra Practice Material: 1. TPR Hyperlearning Verbal Workbook + TPR Hyperlearing Science Workbook, good source of practice passages 1. AAMC Official Guide to the MCAT Exam (most representative material available) 2. EK 1001 series, helps nail down basics

BR is The Berkeley Review
TPR is The Princeton Review

Berkeley Review books are fabulous but to get new books you have to print an order form from their website and mail it to them. So it is kind of a long process but they have a great reputation on SDN

I struggle with physics and am using the BR books. They are grate and I am already seeing improvements. I am supplementing that with EK, I am also in the TPR course. As you can see...my rents have invested alot inorder for me to do well on THE BEASSSTT that is the mcat!!:eek::eek::eek:

GET BR NOW!!!