3 things future pharmacists should know about the profession Three Walgreens pharmacists share stories

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PrincessSnow

10+ Year Member
Reaction score

This was posted yesterday by Walgreens

Members don't see this ad.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
The fact that it’s written by Walgreens, and has Brad Lawson plus Rina Shah as examples should be a huge red flag. Also they interviewed a Walgreens specialty RXM lol, go interview a regular retail RXM….

Reactions: 1 user
Meh, Walgreens is a failing company and won't be relevant in 10 years.

Members don't see this ad :)
Skimmed it. The photos at the top give me flashbacks of greasy pharmacy management. Yuk. Plus the article appears to be about 95% bullsh*t. Don't drink the koolaid, kids....

Reactions: 3 users
Oh man #2 hits hard…if anything I’m making like 3X the keystrokes and struggling twice as much teaching a tech the process of filling one prescription. How to re-invent the wheel when no one asked with more unnecessary bells and whistles and wasteful double documentation…uh yeah thanks technology. Bonus, more metrics to measure

more tech = more time wasted with excessive screen time and button mashing
Was talking to one of my techs about this…analogy being similar to modern day video games often being jam packed with non sKip tutorials & “excessive hand holding”

Reactions: 1 user
Choosing to see optimism for my retail friends here, it appears these closed-door wags pharmacies will take some burdensome tasks off their hands (MTM, etc). Should make retail slightly less wanting to off myself while working there... in theory.

1. Community pharmacists DO have time for personal interactions with patients and can really make an impact.

gaslight much?

Reactions: 1 users