DO 32/3.7cGPA, getting worried about Allo, applying DO late?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

221bBakerSt

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Thanks for your advice in advance!

-3.7cGPA/3.55sGPA, BS Biochem graduate June 2014
-32 (11 v/11 p/10 b)
-Volunteered in ED for 2 yrs (4 hr/wk), ~150 hrs, also Day Surgery and Front Desk. Volunteered with a mobile clinic in Lima, Peru for ~2 weeks.
-Shadowed about 65 hrs total, with MD doctors in Derm, Internal Med, Emergency Med, General Surgery
-Biochemistry (mostly summer) and Molecular Biology (~75 hr/wk for one quarter) research, but no publications
-Server at homeless community dinner, various honor society projects (served as Co-chair of Service my junior year and President my senior year)
-student government Senator (3 years)
-Chemistry TA and lab prepper, 3 years: gen chem, ochem, biochem, ~10 hr/week

I applied to about 20 mid and lower-tier allopathic schools at the end of June and received secondaries around July 15-18. I took far too long to finish my secondaries, however, and so I'm worried that I've missed the boat on that one, especially with my pretty bland stats. My question is: is it too late to apply to DO schools?

Members don't see this ad.

It's so late int he game for MD schools that I don't think you'd be a viable candidate; but for DO schools, the cycle is much longer. So quit fussing and start applying!

Reactions: 1 users