34 MCAT (13ps, 9vr, 12bs) 3.92cGPA 3.95sGPA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

asianpremed

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
My ECs are not bad. I have clinical experience in the ER as well as community outreach programs and research for 3 years. I'm just worried about the unbalanced MCAT score. Should I retake it?

Members don't see this ad.

Yeah retake. Oh yeah and retake 2 more times. In fact buy the prometric center and sleep there. Oh yeah and you can **** there as well

Reactions: 1 user
Yeah retake. Oh yeah and retake 2 more times. In fact buy the prometric center and sleep there. Oh yeah and you can **** there as well

I can't sense how angry you are.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Do not retake.
Hi,

I appreciate the advice. I do think my MCAT score is respectable, however; I am wondering if I have a shot going into a top 20 school with this score/my other stats or if it is not realistic for me to apply to those schools. For instance, I know UCLA has their median MCAT as 35 and a cgpa of 3.8 yet the median for each subject is more balanced.

Hi,

I appreciate the advice. I do think my MCAT score is respectable, however; I am wondering if I have a shot going into a top 20 school with this score/my other stats or if it is not realistic for me to apply to those schools.
It won't be any better with a re-take.
Your MCAT will not be the rate limiting step for your application.
There are people with 34's in the best schools in the country (including plenty at UCLA).
The rest of your application and your strategy will determine where you get in.
Focusing on your strong suit instead of your weaknesses does not make you a better candidate.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 1 user
Quit fussing and start getting your app ready for next year! And aim high!

And so help me, if you retake that excellent score, I'll reach across the electrons and smack you upside the head!

My ECs are not bad. I have clinical experience in the ER as well as community outreach programs and research for 3 years. I'm just worried about the unbalanced MCAT score. Should I retake it?

Reactions: 2 users
Retaking a 34 is a terrible, terrible idea, and one you'll regret. Don't do it. You're a strong applicant and a 9 VR will not keep you out of schools.

Just chiming in to say that I have a 33 and got an II from UCLA (among other "top tier" schools, though I hate that ranking system)! Your 34 shouldn't be what holds you back from consideration at those places.