3rd mid-level I've fired

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Or maybe its because in general PA course work is actually medicine based instead of admin/nursing theories.

Their organizations are much less militant.

And they are regulated under the BOM instead of the BON.

It could be that PAs a generalist education that's more comprehensive than NP education.

Members don't see this ad.

It could be that PAs a generalist education that's more comprehensive than NP education.

There is no question that PA education is more generalist than NP. The point you are forgetting is that NP's are not designed to be generalists in all specialties, that's why you have different tracks such as FNP, ACNP, PNP, etc. Of course an adult NP is lacking training in pediatrics or obstetrics, they were never intended to practice in those areas.

Since most of the NP's who are going on TV crying for totally independant practice, I am going to use them as the example. The FNP degree/training was never intended to replace family physicians. It was designed is to train NP's to work in a family practice setting taking care of patients with common, uncomplicated problems. Period. You now have these crazy DNP people wanting to use the NP degree to practice in a way that it was never intended.

I am all for FNP's working with physicians in a family practice. I think in that capacity, the patients benefit the most. The NP sees the minor illnesses while the MD takes care of the complicated patient. This is how it works out best for patients.

There is no question that PA education is more generalist than NP. The point you are forgetting is that NP's are not designed to be generalists in all specialties, that's why you have different tracks such as FNP, ACNP, PNP, etc. Of course an adult NP is lacking training in pediatrics or obstetrics, they were never intended to practice in those areas.

Since most of the NP's who are going on TV crying for totally independant practice, I am going to use them as the example. The FNP degree/training was never intended to replace family physicians. It was designed is to train NP's to work in a family practice setting taking care of patients with common, uncomplicated problems. Period. You now have these crazy DNP people wanting to use the NP degree to practice in a way that it was never intended.

I am all for FNP's working with physicians in a family practice. I think in that capacity, the patients benefit the most. The NP sees the minor illnesses while the MD takes care of the complicated patient. This is how it works out best for patients.

....very smart!

The problem starts when that simple uncomplicated case turns out to be something serious. The NP does not have the background and training to distinguish what truly is a simple case compared to an extremely complex case with a simple presentation.

PA training is far, far superior to the training RN's, NP's an DNP's receive.