3rd Year Rotation Site Reviews

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Travdoc22

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi Everyone, I need help deciding between my clinical rotation site for my 3rd year. I'm currently a 2nd year LECOM med student and have narrowed down my choices to the following:

Memorial Hospital (York, PA)
Pinnicale Heath CG (Harrisburg, PA)
Arnot Ogden (Elmira, NY)

Has anyone ever rotated in these hospitals before and can provide some reviews? Thanks!!

Members don't see this ad.

I haven't rotated there personally, but I believe I heard that people didn't like Pinnacle. No idea how it compares to those other two hospitals though.

Members don't see this ad :)
I heard geisinger won't be accepting yearlong students from our school next yr

Elmira (arnot) I heard has lots of students because of alpha thing. Also I don't like the overall area. I initially put Pinnacle as my first but changed it after talking to 3rd years. They were pretty vague and not really happy execpt Cardio rotation there. Also, you only do rotation at osteopathic branch of pinnacle hospital - never understood that either.

Any new info on Elmira? There are a lot of students, but its pretty new as far as residencies go (2012-2014). Do any students have feedback on how their rotations have been? Volume of patients? Quality of teaching?

Right,you only do rotation at osteopathic branch of pinnacle hospital - never understood that either.
7iMxsC
thanks

Yeah, Pinnacle is like that. I think you might do 1 or 2 at the allopathic hospital, but most are at the osteopathic one (or so I've heard).

Hey All,

I was just accepted to TUCOM. I was wondering if any students or graduates, of the COM, could tell me a little about rotations. How do they compair to other Touros and other DO schools. Also, is it normal for one to get a residency at the hospital where you did your rotations?

Thanks!