4.1 GPA 46 MCAT U.S. Resident

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Monkeyfry180

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Can someone please help me decide what medical schools to apply to? I only got a 45A on the MCAT and my GPA is a 4.01. I don't think I'm very competitive because I have spent the last two years curing cancer in Uganda instead of doing research at a high level university, and I only got 8 whimpy first author publications in Nature. This annoying ***** from Harvard keeps calling me too about some dual degree program. I don't want two, please, I just want one.

I'm a resident in all states on the Eastern Seaboard. Please, can someone give me advice?! Applications are about to close!!!

Members don't see this ad.

Can someone please help me decide what medical schools to apply to? I only got a 45A on the MCAT and my GPA is a 4.01. I don't think I'm very competitive because I have spent the last two years curing cancer in Uganda instead of doing research at a high level university, and I only got 8 whimpy first author publications in Nature. This annoying ***** from Harvard keeps calling me too about some dual degree program. I don't want two, please, I just want one.

I'm a resident in all states on the Eastern Seaboard. Please, can someone give me advice?! Applications are about to close!!!

You probably thought this was hilarious.

It's not.

Members don't see this ad :)

you sure you don't have a 33P MCAT and a 3.4 GPA? In that case, you bet your money on ivy/top-tier schools lol

Your app looks alright but I'm afraid you'll be an auto-reject due to sub-par rounding skillz (hint: 4.01 does not round up to 4.1)

That was funny. When you mentioned you're a resident of all states, I laughed.

Last edited:
tumblr_ls3rgfTwWQ1qdaylo.gif

908d1327608410-fun-star-wars-themed-memes-darth-vader-epic-fail.jpg

Hahaha you guys are harsh. Just trying to make a funny. We should play "pick the pre-meds" out of those responses haha

Ah I laughed because some of the posts on here are similar.

People on here are like, I have average stats

37 MCAT 3.87 GPA

and Im just like :rolleyes:

I think they accidentally delivered this to my front door. It belongs to you.

Dear Monkeyfry180,

We are pleased to inform you that you have been accepted at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Please find enclosed a list of all necessary books and equipment.

Term begins on November 1. We await your owl by no later than September 30.

Yours sincerely,

Minerva McGonagall