5/20/11 DAT Done. I can't believe my score

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

evanyou

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
bio 29
chem 30
o-chem 30
TS 30
PAT 22
QR 19
RC 22
AA 26

It's actually my second time taking the DAT. The last score was AA 20 but didn't get into any school. so I don't feel relieved, yet.

By the way, Chad is best

For someone, who are looking at this post, either you are strong at Science or not, Chad's video is best material and a Must. He is not just explaining the material but also show all the trap questions that you can easily fall down even if you understood the material 100%. I actually had a question about the melting point of NaCl. He clearly showed this isn't a molecule at all and ionic bond which makes super super hight mp bp. I didn't have this type of question from any other material I studied with.

I gotta go.:love:

Members don't see this ad.

bio 29
chem 30
o-chem 30
TS 30
PAT 22
QR 19
RC 22
AA 26

It's actually my second time taking the DAT. The last score was AA 20 but didn't get into any school. so I don't feel relieved, yet.

By the way, Chad is best

For someone, who are looking at this post, either you are strong at Science or not, Chad's video is best material and a Must. He is not just explaining the material but also show all the trap questions that you can easily fall down even if you understood the material 100%. I actually had a question about the melting point of NaCl. He clearly showed this isn't a molecule at all and ionic bond which makes super super hight mp bp. I didn't have this type of question from any other material I studied with.

These are one of the posts where you should take a picture of your score report sheet because these scores are so high, they are unbelievable!

If you did score that well, that is amazing and I congratulate you!

Awesome job! When you finish celebrating, please tell us what materials (besides Chad's) that you found most useful. Congrats!

Members don't see this ad :)
Can't you only get a 28 max on gen chem? The scoring table for the 2007 ADA Practice DAT states that the highest you can get, when you get all 30 questions in gen chem correct, is a 28 in gen chem. You can get a 29 in bio max and a 30 in ochem max according to the table if you got all of the questions in the sciences correct. Maybe I'm interpreting it wrong?

bio 29
chem 30
o-chem 30
TS 30
PAT 22
QR 19
RC 22
AA 26

By the way, Chad is best

damnnnnnn... 30 TS !!!!!

bio 29
chem 30
o-chem 30
TS 30
PAT 22
QR 19
RC 22
AA 26

By the way, Chad is best

HOW DO i PURCHASE THE CHAD VIDEOS . ARE YOU SELLING ANY OF YOUR MATERIALS. PLAN ON TAKING THE DAT THIS SUMMER.
THANKS

unbelievable! great job. it doesn't matter what your gpa is, lol. you will get interviews at almost every place you apply is my guess

Yeah! it worked.

I used DAT destroyer, Cliff bio, Top Score, Kaplan review book from amazon (didn't used a lot, though), Achiever.

I guess they are already known for a good source. I didn't use something special.

I guess everyone has a different scientific background knowledge, but I just studied until the books were almost worn out. I made note for my own, mostly wrote down my own understanding.

More importantly, there were always questions that I missed even if I thought I perfectly understood the concept just because of a tiny misunderstanding. I wrote down those on another note, tried not to miss this again. So try a lot of question types, but you definately need to learn from it so you can bring it down in a minute on the real deal.

Bio is so broad. A some point after did my best, I felt like it's out of my hands. I mean I just can't cover everything in bio, so I really thank Jesus has me achieve this.

I believe there is no shortcut. Being a dentist is my long dream. I quit my job, I studied 10 hours in the UCSF library everyday even after I went to church on Sunday for last 3 months.

I know a lot of people out there working so hard and having a strong willing to become a dentist, I really pray for them, wish their luck!

Thanks

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Can't you only get a 28 max on gen chem? The scoring table for the 2007 ADA Practice DAT states that the highest you can get, when you get all 30 questions in gen chem correct, is a 28 in gen chem. You can get a 29 in bio max and a 30 in ochem max according to the table if you got all of the questions in the sciences correct. Maybe I'm interpreting it wrong?

No. The scoring table varies between test to test.

It's funny how you blurred out your name when your username is EVANyou.
Just sayin'. Also, I think it'd be smart to black out your DENTPIN.

Nonetheless, congratulations on killing the DATs!

It's funny how you blurred out your name when your username is EVANyou.
Just sayin'. Also, I think it'd be smart to black out your DENTPIN.

Nonetheless, congratulations on killing the DATs!

Haha, you are right!

I am still keeping my korean name as official so my name on the sheet isn't Evan;)

evanyou, could you please tell us how you studied (also what was your study schedule)? and how you used the materials? (the order you did them in etc and what materials did you find most helpful?)

Thanks and congrats!

Last edited:
Well done.. :thumbup:
Remove your Dentpin info tho.
GL with this cycle and multiple acceptances:luck:

:thumbup: haha me too!!

wow amazing scores! CONGRATULATIONS!!! (축하합니다 ㅎㅎ)

Just wondering, how did you do in your science courses in undergrad?

Thanks! I actually loved to learn science in the school. I actually had few questions that I didn't go over when I was studying for DAT, but could solve from the learning in the school. It was pretty basic, though.

Wow, great scores. I guess you could say perfect.

You mentioned it was chad who helped you out a bunch on reviewing for the chems... I was wondering what you may have done for problem sets?

I have taken detailed notes on chad's, broken those down in to flash cards, filled in gaps with KBB, and have memorized the notes and quetsions chad provided. I now have one month till my test date. I have done questions along the way but not heavy "test" like enviroments. Did you practice alot and if so what materials did you use?

Yeah! it worked.

I used DAT destroyer, Cliff bio, Top Score, Kaplan review book from amazon (didn't used a lot, though), Achiever.

I guess they are already known for a good source. I didn't use something special.

I guess everyone has a different scientific background knowledge, but I just studied until the books were almost worn out. I made note for my own, mostly wrote down my own understanding.

More importantly, there were always questions that I missed even if I thought I perfectly understood the concept just because of a tiny misunderstanding. I wrote down those on another note, tried not to miss this again. So try a lot of question types, but you definately need to learn from it so you can bring it down in a minute on the real deal.

Bio is so broad. A some point after did my best, I felt like it's out of my hands. I mean I just can't cover everything in bio, so I really thank Jesus has me achieve this.

I believe there is no shortcut. Being a dentist is my long dream. I quit my job, I studied 10 hours in the UCSF library everyday even after I went to church on Sunday for last 3 months.

I know a lot of people out there working so hard and having a strong willing to become a dentist, I really pray for them, wish their luck!

Thanks

God Bless you bro. Keep on keeping Christ first, thanks for the motivation and inspiration.

bio 29
chem 30
o-chem 30
TS 30
PAT 22
QR 19
RC 22
AA 26

By the way, Chad is best

Great Job! Those are some of the highest scores I have seen, especially in the sciences!

dude, wow. all i can say is wow. Congratulations my friend. I hope to be where you are in a year. It seems you studied your butt off, and I'm glad it paid off for you. Congrats.

bio 29
chem 30
o-chem 30
ts 30
pat 22
qr 19
rc 22
aa 26

it's actually my second time taking the dat. The last score was aa 20 but didn't get into any school. So i don't feel relieved, yet.

By the way, chad is best

for someone, who are looking at this post, either you are strong at science or not, chad's video is best material and a must. He is not just explaining the material but also show all the trap questions that you can easily fall down even if you understood the material 100%. I actually had a question about the melting point of nacl. He clearly showed this isn't a molecule at all and ionic bond which makes super super hight mp bp. I didn't have this type of question from any other material i studied with.

where will i get chad videos . Please help.
Thanks

as much of a scumbag as this makes me sound, i was really hoping someone would have proved you frauding on those scores so I dont have to compete against that 26, but you my friend are legit. congrats on the accomplishment, all the hard work paid off and GL in whatever school YOU choose on attending

Congrats! Just curious, was there a reason why you were not accepted with an 20 AA. Was your undergraduate GPA low? Or you applied late in the cycle? Or did you by chance ask any of the school why? Because I thought even a 20 AA with a decent GPA would get acceptance somewhere. Thanks

as much of a scumbag as this makes me sound, i was really hoping someone would have proved you frauding on those scores so I dont have to compete against that 26, but you my friend are legit. congrats on the accomplishment, all the hard work paid off and GL in whatever school YOU choose on attending

It's not the 26 that is scary, its the 30 in TS. :laugh:

Man, if you spent 10 hours a day, 7 days a week for 3 months, you deserve those scores because that is absolutely inhuman.