514 MCAT, 3.9 GPA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cola14mrc

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
The last piece of the puzzle is the MCAT.

GPA: 3.94 cGPA, 3.93 sGPA
MCAT: 514 (130/128/127/129)
EDUCATION/RESIDENCE: Ohio and The Ohio State University! White male.
RESEARCH: crap ton of time volunteering, 500 hour paid fellowship through AHA for my own project where i managed another student
CLINICAL: 100+ hours shadowing. 450-hour clinical internship in physical therapy/rehab and sports medicine.
VOLUNTEER: 1 week spring break trip to New orleans, 50+ hours in a tennis organization for Down Syndrome, Comm. Service chair for fraternity
INVOLVEMENT: social fraternity (held two leadership positions), multiple myeloma club vice president, held part-time job for 2 years continuously (had to quit for MCAT--catch 22), physiology TA, o chem TA

4 very strong LOR's from personal friends (whom have been my professors, PI, mentor)

Schools:
Case
Duke
GW
Georgetown
Indiana
NeoCom
Northwestern
Penn
Rosalind Franklin
SLU
OSU
Toledo
UC San Diego
Cincinnati
Kentucky
Michigan
Pitt
Wash U STL
Wright State

I understand that 5 are reaches but they wouldnt be called a "reach" if it didnt take an act of God.
Edit: any i should add?

Thank you!
spacer.gif

spacer.gif

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
You are a strong candidate for your Ohio schools. You have a good list and should receive several interviews.
@Faha -- thanks. any schools i might add, or are any of those schools out of my reach?

Members don't see this ad :)
The last piece of the puzzle is the MCAT.

GPA: 3.94 cGPA, 3.93 sGPA
MCAT: 514 (130/128/127/129)
EDUCATION/RESIDENCE: Ohio and The Ohio State University! White male.
RESEARCH: crap ton of time volunteering, 500 hour paid fellowship through AHA for my own project where i managed another student
CLINICAL: 100+ hours shadowing. 450-hour clinical internship in physical therapy/rehab and sports medicine.
VOLUNTEER: 1 week spring break trip to New orleans, 50+ hours in a tennis organization for Down Syndrome, Comm. Service chair for fraternity
INVOLVEMENT: social fraternity (held two leadership positions), multiple myeloma club vice president, held part-time job for 2 years continuously (had to quit for MCAT--catch 22), physiology TA, o chem TA

4 very strong LOR's from personal friends (whom have been my professors, PI, mentor)

Schools:
Case
Duke
GW
Georgetown
Indiana
NeoCom
Northwestern
Penn
Rosalind Franklin
SLU
OSU
Toledo
UC San Diego
Cincinnati
Kentucky
Michigan
Pitt
Wash U STL
Wright State

I understand that 5 are reaches but they wouldnt be called a "reach" if it didnt take an act of God.
Edit: any i should add?

Thank you!
spacer.gif

spacer.gif
...Did you really need help with a list?