A BIG SCARE?? What do I do now?!?!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

flotus

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Auburn just emailed everyone and is now requiring all applicants to take the CASPER and Snapshot. There is only 3 weeks until the last deadline!!! They just let us know about 5 minutes ago. If I had known months ago, I could've scheduled properly. Now, I will be scrambling to take it on the only, final available date.

How can they do this to us after many have already sent our applications in, with only 3 weeks to take this exam??

What do I do??

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Update: apparently Auburn has more dates to take it than just the final 2 dates for most other schools. HOWEVER...still What the actual frick?! I feel like this was handled so poorly and literally just sprung on us. I am beyond upset. That is extra money and time I have to dedicate to this, that I could have planned for at the beginning of this cycle.

Members don't see this ad :)
It's annoying, but tbh, getting angry about it isn't going to help. You can always choose not to apply there. You can decide that the supplemental fee, if they have one, is a sunk cost and not put any more money into it, and withdraw your application if you don't have the time or money to do the exam. Or you can figure out how you're going to make it work.

:shrug: sorry you're having to deal with this though, I'm sure it's frustrating.

Reactions: 6 users
It's annoying, but tbh, getting angry about it isn't going to help. You can always choose not to apply there. You can decide that the supplemental fee, if they have one, is a sunk cost and not put any more money into it, and withdraw your application if you don't have the time or money to do the exam. Or you can figure out how you're going to make it work.

:shrug: sorry you're having to deal with this though, I'm sure it's frustrating.
I know, I know. I’m just so upset because I feel like it’s actually not ethical to do this to applicants, especially those who are in disadvantaged situations. :(

Also, Auburn is my instate :(

• Care
Reactions: 1 user
So sorry you are going through that :( I got that email too and thankfully I already took it for a couple other schools so I added it to my distribution list but was like ahh!! Best of luck <3

• Care
Reactions: 1 user