a little discouraged

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

heyhey20

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey everyone!

i've read through a lot of success stories here about people with low gpa's gaining acceptance to pharmacy school, but i was wondering if people who were in my shoes could give me some advice because i'm graduating in spring 08 and applying to pharmacy schools in the summer...so, here are the dreaded stats:

overall gpa: 2.5
not sure of science gpa
5 yrs as CVS pharmacy technician
21 yrs old (if that matters)
good letters of rec
good personal statement (describing low gpa)

what do you guys suggest besides the trying to work on gpa? post-bac?
thanks in advance!!!

Members don't see this ad.

hey everyone!

i've read through a lot of success stories here about people with low gpa's gaining acceptance to pharmacy school, but i was wondering if people who were in my shoes could give me some advice because i'm graduating in spring 08 and applying to pharmacy schools in the summer...so, here are the dreaded stats:

overall gpa: 2.5
not sure of science gpa
5 yrs as CVS pharmacy technician
21 yrs old (if that matters)
good letters of rec
good personal statement (describing low gpa)

what do you guys suggest besides the trying to work on gpa? post-bac?
thanks in advance!!!

i suggest you retake pre pharmacy requirements. a lot of schools will look at the better grade. and they might think highly of hte fact that you've improved from say a C to an A grade.

i got a masters right after my undergrad....it seems like most schools dont care for a masters. the prepharmacy gpa has to be up to par to make a good impression, i think....everythign else is a bonus.

tahts my 2 cents.

I am not that familiar with post bacs...but I know from personal experience that retaking a few classes would be a good idea for your GPA. You could take a few this summer maybe :D If you had a good PCAT score it would certainly help.

Members don't see this ad :)
I was once in your position.. and like the previous replies above, it would prolly serve you right to retake a couple of pre-reqs to boost your gpa.