A little help from a dental student...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SpikeyMike83

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've scheduled a meeting with an admissions advisor/counselor to discuss the application process, ask any questions about the Medical College of Georgia, talk about DAT etc. Its not my formal interview for admissions decisions, but I know I need to look nice. Is a shirt and tie with khakis appropriate for something like this?

thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

yes and a sportjacket if ya have one

Airvent...your avatar has to be one of the strangest I have come across.

Spikey, the khakis, shirt and tie should be fine. The sportcoat might be a consideration, but at one school I toured I was told by one of the admissions personnel to take off my jacket because "It's way too formal for today."

Members don't see this ad :)
ISU_Steve said:
Airvent...your avatar has to be one of the strangest I have come across.

Spikey, the khakis, shirt and tie should be fine. The sportcoat might be a consideration, but at one school I toured I was told by one of the admissions personnel to take off my jacket because "It's way too formal for today."
Agreed, a button-down & tie is fine. For an informal meeting, the sport coat would be a little much.

I say sport a Pimp Jacket! It'll give them a lasting impression of you! :thumbup:
redsuitsm8wb.jpg

Slack and button down, long sleeves shirt is good enough for the occasion. Lose the khakis man, my grandma wears khakis!

Definitely look sharp, even for a casual meeting. Heck, I'd even carry a leather folder with a pad of paper to take notes on...shows you're interested and paying good attention. Plus you can doodle if they make you wait around! ;)

Even more important, act interested, ask questions get a card and an email from anyone you hit it off with there (or anyone willing to offer) and then write a thank you, find excuses to follow up with questions (even if you know the answer). You want to find someone who is going to know you as more than a name on a piece of paper and can go to bat for you.

Translation: bring knee pads!