A question of strategy

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ILikeFood

NSU Class of 2013
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I blew off Fall semester because of my acceptance to Nova. I don't exactly have high hopes for my grades.

But DMU just invited me for an interview, and due to its reputation I'm obliged to check it out.

In case I end up loving it, would it be unethical to hold off on updating them with my Fall semester grades IF I get in AND my grades end up sucking?

Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

I blew off Fall semester because of my acceptance to Nova. I don't exactly have high hopes for my grades.

But DMU just invited me for an interview, and due to its reputation I'm obliged to check it out.

In case I end up loving it, would it be unethical to hold off on updating them with my Fall semester grades IF I get in AND my grades end up sucking?

Thanks.

Unethical?

I'd do what you have to do. If they request new transcripts before they'll allow you to interview or before they'll make a decision on you, then send them.

However, if it's not required, I have no idea why you'd volunteer less than stellar information that will detract from your application and chances.

I never advocate lying to a school or withholding information. However, if it's a matter of timing, and you're not breaking any rules, I can't see why you would not do what I suggested.

Last edited:
Unethical?

I'd do what you have to do. If they request new transcripts before they'll allow you to interview or before they'll make a decision on you, then send them.

However, if it's not required, I have no idea why you'd volunteer less than stellar information that will detract from you application and chances.

I never advocate lying to a school or withholding information. However, if it's a matter of timing, and you're not breaking any rules, I can't see why you would not do what I suggested.

couldn't agree more. don't send it unless they ask for it.

edit: unless you kicked some serious butt. in that case send it priority mail :D

Members don't see this ad :)
I have no problem with it.

However, if it's not required, I have no idea why you'd volunteer less than stellar information that will detract from you application and chances.
Me neither.

It's a matter of maximizing my chances without breaking the rules.

Thanks, you rule.

couldn't agree more. don't send it unless they ask for it.

edit: unless you kicked some serious butt. in that case send it priority mail :D
My only criteria is hot girls. Forget curriculum, reputation, and student support. Forget scholarship opportunities and cost of living.

I'll report back afterward.

Unethical?

However, if it's not required, I have no idea why you'd volunteer less than stellar information that will detract from your application and chances.

I agree for sure.

My only criteria is hot girls. Forget curriculum, reputation, and student support. Forget scholarship opportunities and cost of living.

I'll report back afterward.

:rolleyes:I can already imagine what kind of doctor you are going to be.

**Paging Dr.ILike***

Nurse:OH Dr.ILIke are you sure we won't get caught??
Dr.ILike: SHHHH!!!..I only have 30secs, lets get to it!!!!:cool:

**Paging Dr.ILike***

15 secs later.......

Dr.ILike:Did someone page me??
ManNurse: AHH, Dr.ILike, your zipper is open again.:eek:

LOL I crack myself up sometimes.:laugh:

:rolleyes:I can already imagine what kind of doctor you are going to be.

**Paging Dr.ILike***

Nurse:OH Dr.ILIke are you sure we won't get caught??
Dr.ILike: SHHHH!!!..I only have 30secs, lets get to it!!!!:cool:

**Paging Dr.ILike***

15 secs later.......

Dr.ILike:Did someone page me??
ManNurse: AHH, Dr.ILike, your zipper is open again.:eek:

LOL I crack myself up sometimes.:laugh:

How insulting. I would never leave my zipper open. How dare you suggest that.

scrubs are notorious for having zippers left open...