A quick question about HPSP

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kgpremed11

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does HPSP pay for Boards If you want to take both USMLE or COMLEX? And does it pay for forth year travel expenses?

Members don't see this ad.

Only one set of exams (COMLEX if you're a DO). Only pay for travel expenses to an ADT (Active Duty for Training) rotation at a military hospital. You're on your own for other travel (i.e. they're not paying you to drive up to Houlton, ME* for a rural medicine rotation and you fund any rotations at a military hospital that are not ADTs)

*This is just an example of a rural med rotation where I went to school. Nothing specific to you)

Only one set of exams (COMLEX if you're a DO). Only pay for travel expenses to an ADT (Active Duty for Training) rotation at a military hospital. You're on your own for other travel (i.e. they're not paying you to drive up to Houlton, ME* for a rural medicine rotation and you fund any rotations at a military hospital that are not ADTs)

*This is just an e:sleep:xample of a rural med rotation where I went to school. Nothing specific to you)

I have family up there...I've had people refuse to believe there are places so rural off interstate 95 that they don't even have a name and are just known by a T and R designation. Beautiful country during the summer.

It would be nice if they would reimburse travel to the level 2 PE or Step 2.

Members don't see this ad :)
I have family up there...I've had people refuse to believe there are places so rural off interstate 95 that they don't even have a name and are just known by a T and R designation. Beautiful country during the summer.

It would be nice if they would reimburse travel to the level 2 PE or Step 2.[/QUOTE]

They dont? So they just pay for Step 1? The parts you mentioned are the most expensive parts.

It would be nice if they would reimburse *TRAVEL TO* the level 2 PE or Step 2.[/QUOTE]

They dont? So they just pay for Step 1? The parts you mentioned are the most expensive parts.

They cover the tests, not my round trip flight to Philly and hotel to go take the silly thing