A-'s

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

notJERRYFALWELL

Squirrel tactics!!
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Let's hear about those A-s on your transcripts:

A- in Organic I & II (freshman year, didn't retake)
A- in Bio II (no retake)

Members don't see this ad.

:laugh:
A- in Physics I....after speaking w/ my premed advisor, decided not to retake. ;)

Members don't see this ad :)
A's

Advanced Biochem
Clincal Pharm
Neurophys
Sensoryphys
Toxicology
Neuroendocrinology
Medical Ethics
Neuroanatomy
too many to list...

also has power windows and lock, ABS, A/C and V8.

What would be even better than this thread would be A+'s.

My school doesn't give out A+'s.:(

Let's have a thread listing everyone's grades, starting from Kindergarten:

Kindergarten:

English: E
PE: E
Not pooping myself: G :(
Vector Calculus: E+

1st grade... :rolleyes:

i'm so freakin upset...:( :( :( i need some support, y'all! i think i'm going to pull an 89.99 in biochem which only equals out to a 90...tried crying to the prof but it didn't work this time :mad: (always has in the past, dang it i'm losing my touch!) so i'm gonna ruin my perfect record of breaking all the curves with this terrible specter of an a- ... it's not even my fault, i mean the teacher sucks and with my interviews and flying across the country to accept my numerous research awards...um, hello, class is sort of a lower priority?! i mean you'd think he'd understand, wouldn't you? i mean, med schools have been known to rescind acceptances for bad grades!! :mad: so now as though i don't have enough to stress about with my *pathetic* grades, i have to worry that the 5 med schools that have accepted me so far are gonna reject me. what do you guys think? do i have a chance this round? or should i start digging around to find those podiatry school brochures?
:( :( :(

:p

Originally posted by Gleevec
Let's have a thread listing everyone's grades, starting from Kindergarten:

Kindergarten:

Not pooping myself: G :(
Vector Calculus: E+

:laugh:

Damn, if I could have earned even a single A- in undergrad I woulda been dancing naked down the halls of my school. I'm talking wang swinging in the breeze and all.

ya'll are so wack

Members don't see this ad :)
Hark, sdn has seriously taken a turn for the worst!

Spumoni wrote the most hilarious post in history just now, I think we should all pause and take note, bravo.

this thread should be renamed: "My penis is small but my GPA is big so I will concentrate on my A's"

Originally posted by indo
this thread should be renamed: "My penis is small but my GPA is big so I will concentrate on my A's"
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Originally posted by spumoni620
i'm going to pull an 89.99 in biochem which only equals out to a 90...tried crying to the prof but it didn't work this time :mad: (always has in the past, dang it i'm losing my touch!) so i'm gonna ruin my perfect record of breaking all the curves with this terrible specter of an a- ...
its obvious from this post you go to a weak school. I can't remember the last time I took a class where 89.99=90. I think you should be more concerned with the fact that all those A's in the past probably only compare to a C+ at you local community college.

join the real world. 89.99 = B+ = failure.

I go to RIT and they do 88.5 on up is an A...but they don't have -'s or +'s.

Just A,B,C,D,F

Just my input

Originally posted by seaworthc
its obvious from this post you go to a weak school. I can't remember the last time I took a class where 89.99=90. I think you should be more concerned with the fact that all those A's in the past probably only compare to a C+ at you local community college.

join the real world. 89.99 = B+ = failure.

seaworth, your candid "telling it like it is" has changed my life forever. all this time, here i was buried in my books, striving to do my best, thinking that it didn't matter where i went to school as long as i genuinely put my heart into my work and that the great big guy in the sky would equalize it for me. no, wait- before you begin to laugh and scorn at my naivete...i realize now how foolish i was! your words ring of the truth i should have had the guts to admit to myself the first time my ears pricked when i heard the sketchy word "curve" or "bonus question" in my biochem 9999 class. and they call themselves an accredited undergraduate institution!! :mad: how can i in full conscience accept this, this (*spits*) "transcript" of "As"...a mere cloak, a facade for what the education at my lowly grade-inflated institution is truly worth...indeed, this a- is a blessing in disguise, jolting me out of my self-constructed dreamworld.

having realized the error of my ways...i've decided to do a post-bacc program. you know, the one you can apply for when you had a really bad undergrad record? i know it's a long, tough road ahead...i know i'm going to have to convince adcoms of my newfound maturity to overcome my pathetic ugrad record (with that a-! :mad: :mad:) but i can do it! inspired by the "99" thread, i'm going to aim for a post-bacc transcript of ALL 99.9s (forget numerical grades, they're too vague.) when i succeed, i hope to inspire the other sdners who are in my position!

thanks so much for opening my eyes to my true potential. seaworth, i really admire you and wish more sdners would be like you...then we'd all be one step closer to that ideal goal: the well-earned, honest straight-A record. :clap: :clap:

thanks so much for opening my eyes to my true potential. seaworth, i really admire you and wish more sdners would be like you...
I'm glad you realize my greatness ;)

For those of you out there who thought I was being serious, I wasn't. Well, I was being serious about the fact that I haven't had a class since middle school that rounds up (just my personaly experience) and FYI they don't in med school either.

for example in gross anatomy:

84.0 = Pass
84.1 = High Pass
89.1 = Honors

and why is that 89.1 so hard you may ask? because to get those extra 5 pts to go from a pass to honoring, you probably have to study twice as much to get 3 more questions right. this is the dilemma you will all be facing next year and why for so many, a 'P' all of a sudden becomes a great thing.

Originally posted by seaworthc

for example in gross anatomy:

84.0 = Pass
84.1 = High Pass
89.1 = Honors

and why is that 89.1 so hard you may ask? because to get those extra 5 pts to go from a pass to honoring, you probably have to study twice as much to get 3 more questions right. this is the dilemma you will all be facing next year and why for so many, a 'P' all of a sudden becomes a great thing.

i thought 70 was pass?? does this breakdown apply to all your classes or just anatomy?

thanks for the heads up btw...

Defensive Driving=F :(

Keep getting me for opening the container before I exit the car. What's the fun in that!

whisky2.gif
fulle2.gif
tequila.gif

Originally posted by trauma_junky
http://home.no/femma/smilies/tequila.gif[/IMG]

while i :rolleyes: at the thought of driving and drinking, i am :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: at that last smilie you posted. priceless!

i thought 70 was pass?? does this breakdown apply to all your classes or just anatomy?

thanks for the heads up btw...
oops, was just distinguishing btwn pass and high pass and later added in honors.

in most classes 70 = pass. and the breakdown is different for different classes depending on how hard they are. I think to honor in histology you need a 93. also varies wildly by school. I saw in a thread in allopathic that to honor anatomy at one school you had to get a 98.5%!!!! wow!