A second interview.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Rafflesz

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
So to be brief, I interviewed at UF this past week. It didn't go well, I didn't realize my nerves were there until I sat down.

I stumbled and had trouble with the questions because they were just so vague and I didn't bull****. I just answered honestly.

They called today and told me they'd give me a second interview. I'm just kinda in shock. My stats are as follows:

3.74 overall gpa
3.80 science gpa
Chem BA
97th PCAT
Two years at Walgreens as a DH (Pharmacy tech lite position basically)
Pharmacist and science prof LoR

Like what happened to not letting one part of the app define you. What do I do to prepare?

Members don't see this ad.

So to be brief, I interviewed at UF this past week. It didn't go well, I didn't realize my nerves were there until I sat down.

I stumbled and had trouble with the questions because they were just so vague and I didn't bull****. I just answered honestly.

They called today and told me they'd give me a second interview. I'm just kinda in shock. My stats are as follows:

3.74 overall gpa
3.80 science gpa
Chem BA
97th PCAT
Two years at Walgreens as a DH (Pharmacy tech lite position basically)
Pharmacist and science prof LoR

Like what happened to not letting one part of the app define you. What do I do to prepare?
Ur stats are really good. Im very surprised they gave u a second chance( probably really wants you) I didn't apply to UF, so probably won't be helpful. if the interview is MMIs, try search on youtube . I think behaviors questions are easier because you can alway incorporate ur experiences in them.

Ur stats are really good. Im very surprised they gave u a second chance( probably really wants you) I didn't apply to UF, so probably won't be helpful. if the interview is MMIs, try search on youtube . I think behaviors questions are easier because you can alway incorporate ur experiences in them.
Pretty sure it was just suppose to be just one interview. But they basically told me no admission.

I suppose my stats saved me and made them reconsider so I should be gratful. But I'm still confused as to how one 25 minute interview can have so much weight...

To clarify I could have done much better but it wasnt a breakdown or anything like that. It just showed that I'm a shy reserved person.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
I failed my first pharmacy school interview and had to apply the next year. I was much more outgoing and gave fuller answers the second time. Was accepted.

I failed my first pharmacy school interview and had to apply the next year. I was much more outgoing and gave fuller answers the second time. Was accepted.
So one interview can invalidate years of work and dedication. I'm not gonna lie this has me salty.

Reactions: 1 user
So one interview can invalidate years of work and dedication. I'm not gonna lie this has me salty.
I agree with you, 25 min is just not enough for you to tell them about yourself. I didn't do so great for my top choice pharmacy school interview, got waitlisted... ( found out that people with lows stats got in, they probably killed the interview )
I was pretty shy and nervous. lol

Pretty sure it was just suppose to be just one interview. But they basically told me no admission.

I suppose my stats saved me and made them reconsider so I should be gratful. But I'm still confused as to how one 25 minute interview can have so much weight...

To clarify I could have done much better but it wasnt a breakdown or anything like that. It just showed that I'm a shy reserved person.
Pharmacists not only have to be book smart but they should be social enough to at least have a short and friendly conversation with their patients. I’m sure if you did enough mock interviews and reviewed enough interview questions, you’ll be able to nail this 2nd interview! Goodluck

Your stats are nice, you will nail this! Is the UF interview a sort of MMI style? Even if it is or is not you should review interview questions and be an honest person like you are but include maybe how to really help your patients. :) I wish you the best SDN colleague!

The interview is your first expression for them to know about you. Doesn't matter how good your application is! if you have a bad expression they will question mark whereas they want you to be part of their family or not because they will have to work with you in the next 3 or 4 years. Good luck to ya, and be confident in your answers.

Don't sweat it, you will get in. Many pharmacy schools are just looking for a warm body to collect tuition from for 4 years. You are actually smart, so this will make the school look good and fill their pockets with the student loans you may borrow. Have you talked to your pharmacist at Walgreen's about this? Has your pharmacist informed you about how saturated the job market is? I think you should take the MCAT and GRE and see if you can get into another health care profession. Have you considered nursing, computer science, engineering or accounting? These are all respectable choices with actual JOBS!

Last edited: