A Word of Thanks

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

CajunMedic

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
After a total of 15 years of education, 4 States, Not matching, matching to my #1, then it subsequently closing, transferring programs, a global pandemic, regulatory BS, etc. I HAVE FINALLY GRADUATED RESIDENCY!!

I just wanted to say thanks to everyone in here for helping to keep me sane during this entire process, supporting me when my residency closed and reaching out to me personally to make sure things were going OK. I appreciate the advice many of you have given me throughout the years.

Now on to attendinghood at a residency program with an SDG (my CMG gig fell apart), and soon to have residents and medical students of my own.

Members don't see this ad.

• Care
  • Love
Reactions: 33 users
I wish you the best of luck. Resident education can be very rewarding. It'll slow you down, and you'll sometimes pull your hair out when they make mistakes, but overall it's a great feeling. I speak from the heart on this and not blurred by my typical "I need a Nitro and a Xanax" joke.

Congratulations on reaching attendinghood! Join a society and be active. AAEM is a great society to join.

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
After a total of 15 years of education, 4 States, Not matching, matching to my #1, then it subsequently closing, transferring programs, a global pandemic, regulatory BS, etc. I HAVE FINALLY GRADUATED RESIDENCY!!

I just wanted to say thanks to everyone in here for helping to keep me sane during this entire process, supporting me when my residency closed and reaching out to me personally to make sure things were going OK. I appreciate the advice many of you have given me throughout the years.

Now on to attendinghood at a residency program with an SDG (my CMG gig fell apart), and soon to have residents and medical students of my own.
A very big congratulations, to you!

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
And we'll continue to be here to support you as you enter the hardest part of your training...the first year out ;)

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
Congrats, friend.

I’m glad your story turned out as it did.

I went to med school with this guy, and would trust him with the care of my family.

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
Congrats, now the learning begins ;)

• Care
Reactions: 1 user