a

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

s3trots

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
a

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Hi there!

I need some opinions from everyone! First of all, I have a 21 MCAT, 3.5 GPA. It is my senior year and I am currently a phlebotomist. I am obviously not happy with my MCAT scores and I'm trying to figure out where to go from here. I have research, shadowing, patient experience, and everything else other than a good MCAT. Should I apply to med school in hopes of getting in or try a post-bacc program and take an additional year off? I just really do not want to take the MCAT again if I don't have to because it is changing next year and studying for a complete new exam sounds horrible.

Thank you!
Wrong forum -- for the best advice, post in the WAMC (pre-medical --> what are my chances?) area.

I think, however, you really just need to retake the MCAT. A 21 is not something I recommend applying with. Study for a few months, get to know the test, and take it again... This is not the last standardized test you'll need to worry about, so learning to do well on the MCAT will help in the future.

Reactions: 1 users