AACOMAS Grade Calculation spreadsheet

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
It should calculate it correctly. A+ and As are both 4.0.

Hi there,

I'm a little unfamiliar with the letter grade system because my school does percentages, would anyone know how that converts?

Also, for the credit system, is a full year course counted as 4 credits and a half-year course as 2?

Members don't see this ad :)
Yes, AACOMAS PDF has a list of percentages that corresponds with a letter grade. I think in AMCAS, it's 90-100% = A, 80-89% = B, etc.

In terms of credits, it depends on your school. How do these work?

for my school- a full year course is 1.0 credits and a half year course is 0.5 credits for a total of 5.0 credits a year.

I think you would just list as it appears on your sheet, but I would call and check AACOMAS/AMCAS for that. Or go through the spreadsheet that has the guidelines, I'm sure they've dealt with this before and can assist you. Normal three times a week courses are 3 credits, sometimes 4 if it has labs. They may or may not want you to convert to that. The normal credits at a school are 30 credits a year, so they may just ask you to take your credits and multiply by six when putting it down.

what a great tool! thank you! do you know if AACOMAS still operates this way or has it changed since this was orig posted 4 years ago?

Hello,

I totally understand that for DO schools for repeating classes although schools will see both grades, the final GPA calculated will only include the later of the two courses (whereas with allo schools, the two grades are averaged). However, I am still uncertain how to calculate my GPA.
for example, if I was taking 8 courses during first year of university and one of them was organic 2 and I received a grade of C for it and in fourth year of university I was taking 8 courses as well and I was repeating organic 2 and received A+ for it. In order to calculate my GPA for DO schools should I count all my first year classes and divide it by 7 courses since I am excluding organic 2 and fourth year count all my fourth classes grade and divide them by 8; is that right???
Furthermore, what would be the same case for MD schools? I received C for organic in first year which equals to 2 and A+ in 4th year which equals to 4 the average would be 3, so should I enter the grade of 3 for both first and 4th year and divide it by 8 classes. Is that right.
I am really confused, thanks a lot for all the future responses, it would be highly appreciated.

Hi there. I was wondering if there was a way to have extra years beyond the traditional 4 years of classes input on this sheet- For those of us who took longer than 4 years to graduate as non-traditionals....I'd like to see what my average gpa is for each semester beyond "freshman, sophomore, junior, senior" Thanks!