AACOMAS issue with military transcripts

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

thinbludoc

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Not sure if anyone else had an issue with an AARTS or JST transcript gettings to AACOMAS but I finally got a response so I figured I'd share just in case.

After a series of emails I was advised today that AACOMAS may not have been checking the electronic transcripts sent from JST. They were able to go back and find the transcript they received almost a month ago.

If you are in the same situation don't wait as long as I did, send them an email.

Good luck everyone.

Members don't see this ad.

Does AACOMAS require transcripts for non academic courses?

I can second the OP. I submitted mine early May (twice) and didn't see any movement. I emailed them and still didn't see anything for a week. So I called them and the very next day it was taken care of.

Members don't see this ad :)
As far as I know they require all transcripts. My military credits were used towards my AAS many moons ago so I definitely needed mine.

I didn't submit or list mine because they're all non academic; any ramifications for this? There's about 80 or so credit hours there. I didn't even realize there were credits given for each rank (was just checking my transcript).

I had the same issue. I must have requested my Navy transcripts like 6 times. I even called up and talked to someone about sending hard copies. Which, btw, they aren't able to. Mine showed up the day before the application opened, even though I requested them almost a month prior.

I didn't submit or list mine because they're all non academic; any ramifications for this? There's about 80 or so credit hours there. I didn't even realize there were credits given for each rank (was just checking my transcript).

I didn't submit mine either because they're non-academic and AACOMAS didn't state in the instructions that they required military transcripts. AMCAS however did require them even though I received no college credit for them, and I had to send the JST transcript to them (yes there were problems which delayed the verification of my app). Because of the problems it seems like most people are encountering whether AMCAS or AACOMAS I wouldn't send them unless you have to.

Mine are non-academic as well, I didn't even know they existed until I heard about another guy at my undergrad that got delayed in his processing because he didn't submit the JST transcript. So I emailed AACOMAS to see if they even wanted it, they said yes, send them. So just to be on the safe side, if you haven't been verified yet it might be a good idea to send them in anyway.

I didn't submit mine either because they're non-academic and AACOMAS didn't state in the instructions that they required military transcripts. AMCAS however did require them even though I received no college credit for them, and I had to send the JST transcript to them (yes there were problems which delayed the verification of my app). Because of the problems it seems like most people are encountering whether AMCAS or AACOMAS I wouldn't send them unless you have to.

:thumbup: Didn't send mine to AACOMAS due to not being required, and the credits weren't academic. AMCAS, however, delayed verifying until 10 days after I finally sent them the JST.

It looks like this is a pretty old thread, but it refers to the exact issue I'm having.
Did anyone have issues with the AAMC application? Do they require military transcripts or just AACOMAS? AACOMAS contacted me, but so far I haven't heard anything from the AAMC. I asked the military to send transcripts to both places, but I'm regretting it if they weren't even going to ask for them to begin with. It seems like it might unnecessarily hold up the application at that point.