AACPMAS 2022-2023 & Acceptance Stats (Class of 2027)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DexterMorganSK

Staff member
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Welcome to another year of the AACPMAS Application Cycle for the Class of 2027

The cycle is now OPEN.
If you have questions regarding the cycle, search for past threads, post the question here or send us the mods a PM. Like the previous years, the purpose of this thread will be to ask/share any application-related questions and your acceptance stats.

School-specific threads: Current Podiatry School-Specific Discussions
2021-2022 cycle & Acceptance Stats: AACPMAS 2021-2022 & Acceptance Stats (Class of 2026)
2020-2021 cycle & Acceptance Stats: AACPMAS 2020-2021 & Acceptance Stats (Class of 2025)

After receiving an acceptance, please post your stats below in a similar order:

1. GPAs (both cumulative & sci)
2. MCAT Score
3. Shadowing hours & ECs
4. # of programs applied to
5. Programs accepted to and if any Scholarships offered
6. Attending program

GOOD LUCK!!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Remember to shadow before committing to this field. If you have any questions, post here, search in the past threads, or send me or @Weirdy a PM. Please use the school-specific threads for questions/concerns about that particular program (link above).

Good luck to all prospective students. :dogfive: :cool:

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
1. GPAs (both cumulative & sci) uGPA: 3.0 sGPA: 3.85 post-bacc GPA 3.9
2. MCAT Score 508
3. Shadowing hours & ECs ~50 but also did the Temple Internship program which I highly recommend. I will be shadowing much more before matriculation.
4. # of programs applied to
4. Barry, Temple, NYU, Scholl
5. Programs accepted to and if any Scholarships offered
Received interview offers from all four. Interviewed and accepted at Barry and Temple. 5k and 10k, respectively.
6. Attending program
Barry

Members don't see this ad :)
1. GPAs (both cumulative & sci) uGPA: 3.0 sGPA: 3.85 post-bacc GPA 3.9
2. MCAT Score 508
3. Shadowing hours & ECs ~50 but also did the Temple Internship program which I highly recommend. I will be shadowing much more before matriculation.
4. # of programs applied to 4. Barry, Temple, NYU, Scholl
5. Programs accepted to and if any Scholarships offered Received interview offers from all four. Interviewed and accepted at Barry and Temple. 5k and 10k, respectively.
6. Attending program Barry

Good stats, Congrats on the A. Barry's program has a promising future.

When applying to NYCPM fall semester, could you defer until the January start if you get accepted for fall or do you have to select January from the beginning?

When applying to NYCPM fall semester, could you defer until the January start if you get accepted for fall or do you have to select January from the beginning?

Yes, you should be able to do that. I made a quick phone call to admissions and they moved me to the January start.

If it matters, this was 2 cycles ago.

Reactions: 2 users
Once the AACPMAS application is completed are you able to download and keep a copy for your own records? Thanks.

I submitted my apps and got verified this morning. I just got an email from one of the schools saying they don’t have my MCAT results even though I submitted my AAMC ID and date of exam and everything into the portal. When I download a version of my application I don’t see the scores either. I can’t go in and edit the score, do I need to individually send each school my MCAT results??

e
I submitted my apps and got verified this morning. I just got an email from one of the schools saying they don’t have my MCAT results even though I submitted my AAMC ID and date of exam and everything into the portal. When I download a version of my application I don’t see the scores either. I can’t go in and edit the score, do I need to individually send each school my MCAT results??
you need to go into mcat portal through aamc and upload it to AACPMAS

1. GPAs: cGPA 3.7 sGPA 3.4
2. MCAT Score: 491
3. Shadowing hours & ECs: 40 hours shadowing DPM, 50 hours shadowing MD; Hospital volunteer in SICU, NICU, & playing piano (100), food bank (100), crisis text line (100), hospice volunteer, children's shelter volunteer, PhiDE medical fraternity, pre-med society, sustainability committee, worked in a surgical office
4. # of programs applied to:
7; NY, Barry, Temple, MWU, RF, Kent, Western (Interview offers for all; interviewed at NY & Barry)
5. Programs accepted to and if any Scholarships offered:
NY & Barry 10K
6. Attending program:
NY

Does anyone know if the schools are offering virtual interviews still or are they all completely in-person again?

Thank you! Also best of luck to those still working on their applications!!!!

Does anyone know if the schools are offering virtual interviews still or are they all completely in-person again?

Thank you! Also best of luck to those still working on their applications!!!!

most of them are offering both from what i can tell! des moines was only online tho

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
most of them are offering both from what i can tell! des moines was only online tho
Oh that sounds good, thank you so much!!! And also do u know how long interviews are normally if their virtual? Sorry for all the questions!

Oh that sounds good, thank you so much!!! And also do u know how long interviews are normally if their virtual? Sorry for all the questions!

Hopefully a current applicant will weigh in, but my virtual interviews were 3-4 hours at Barry and Midwestern.

The interview included a student panel, dean talk, general info, etc. in addition to the personal interview.

Side note, @DexterMorganSK I had to steal that pfp drip

Last edited:
des moines - about 2 hours, 12 ct
temple - 2 hour info session, half hour staff interview, hour student q and a, three sessions starting at 9:45a with the last ending at 7pm (est)
nycpm - around 2.5 hours, 11 est
midwestern - says 8:30-2 but I haven't scheduled yet
scholl - i think they said it'll take two hours? 11 ct
samuel merritt - have not scheduled

sorry that this was a lot of info and also not a lot but it's what I got!

Hopefully a current applicant will weigh in, but my virtual interviews were 3-4 hours at Barry and Midwestern.

The interview included a student panel, dean talk, general info, etc. in addition to the personal interview.

Side note, @DexterMorganSK I had to steal some anime pfp drip

haha looks great :thumbup:

Has anyone heard any admissions decisions back from Temple yet? Or how often the admissions committee meets

Has anyone heard any admissions decisions back from Temple yet? Or how often the admissions committee meets

i got the acceptance email about a week after my interview, which was late september

Anyone know how long it took them to get a response from midwestern post interview and if they call, what time did you get the call 😮😮. Also good luck to everyone with the app process woot woot

I had my interview with Midwestern on 10/14. Have not gotten a call or email from them yet. When did you have your interview?

I had my interview with Midwestern on 10/14. Have not gotten a call or email from them yet. When did you have your interview?
17th! They said the committee meets on tuesdays so i was just wondering !

Oh okay! Yeah I haven’t received a call yet so getting kind of anxious lol. I know some schools it takes a week for them to get back with you. Trusting the process though

Oh okay! Yeah I haven’t received a call yet so getting kind of anxious lol. I know some schools it takes a week for them to get back with you. Trusting the process though
No same but hoping for the best for both u and i and the rest of ur apps!!!

Anyone know how temple's post-interview decision takes? I know September interviewees were told about a week after but any updates on October?

1. GPAs: cGPA 3.93, sGPA 3.95
2. MCAT Score: 504
3. Shadowing Hours & ECs: 45 hours shadowing MD/DO, 10 hours DPM shadowing, 280 hours MA at pod clinic, insurance coordinator for same clinic (160), CNA at rural nursing home (300), Anatomy and Physiology TA, Musical Service Fraternity (VP, treasurer, committee head), Team member on a team working towards making an affordable PT machine for knee recovery, research in a CRISPR lab, cello
4. # of programs applied to: 6; DMU, Temple, NYCPM, Midwestern, Scholl, CSPM
5. Programs accepted/Scholarships: II to all, withdrew from Midwestern and CSPM, DMU (5k), Scholl (20k), Temple (14k), NYCPM (half tuition)
6. Attending: Waffling because I love DMU but hefty scholarships are impossible to ignore. So grateful to be in this position.

3. Shadowing Hours & ECs: 45 hours shadowing MD/DO, 10 hours DPM shadowing, 280 hours MA at pod clinic, insurance coordinator for same clinic (160), CNA at rural nursing home (300), Anatomy and Physiology TA, Musical Service Fraternity (VP, treasurer, committee head), Team member on a team working towards making an affordable PT machine for knee recovery, research in a CRISPR lab, cello
5. Programs accepted/Scholarships: II to all, withdrew from Midwestern and CSPM, DMU (5k), Scholl (20k), Temple (14k), NYCPM (half tuition)
6. Attending: Waffling because I love DMU but hefty scholarships are impossible to ignore. So grateful to be in this position.
Have you tried at least couple of MD/DO cycles. With 3.95 GPA and 504 MCAT you should have received multiple DO interviews.

Have you tried at least couple of MD/DO cycles. With 3.95 GPA and 504 MCAT you should have received multiple DO interviews.

podiatry isn’t and has never been a backup plan for me :) this is my first cycle and i simultaneously applied DO and have received iis/an A, but i grew up in this field and i really do love it.

1. GPAs: undergrad cGPA 3.4 undergrad sGPA 3.2, did a masters program at a DO school GPA 3.7
2. MCAT Score: 492
3. Shadowing hours & ECs: 10 hours shadowing a DPM, 30 hours shadowing MD/DO, played D1 soccer, president of 3 clubs during undergrad, volunteered at a clinic for underserved communities for 3 years
4. # of programs applied to: DMU and Kent
5. Programs accepted to and if any Scholarships offered: DMU (15k) & Kent (2.5k)
6. Attending program: DMU!
Have had a DO acceptance since last year. Deferred because I wasn’t sure exactly what I wanted to do. I guess I have always been “pre-med” but I wanted to look at all healthcare options. Not exactly sure what I’ll pick at the end but very grateful to be in the position I am! Any tips on how to pick would be appreciated!

1. GPAs: undergrad cGPA 3.4 undergrad sGPA 3.2, did a masters program at a DO school GPA 3.7
3. Shadowing hours & ECs: 10 hours shadowing a DPM, 30 hours shadowing MD/DO, played D1 soccer, president of 3 clubs during undergrad, volunteered at a clinic for underserved communities for 3 years
5. Programs accepted to and if any Scholarships offered: DMU (15k) & Kent (2.5k)
Have had a DO acceptance since last year. Deferred because I wasn’t sure exactly what I wanted to do. I guess I have always been “pre-med” but I wanted to look at all healthcare options. Not exactly sure what I’ll pick at the end but very grateful to be in the position I am! Any tips on how to pick would be appreciated!
If you have a DO acceptance, go DO. Don't look back. Do yourself a big and lifetime favor.

Congrats. You can only know which field to pursue through shadowing. You know what you will do for the rest of your life from day 1 in a Podiatry program. If you are okay with this and were satisfied when shadowing DPMs, go for Podiatry; otherwise, go for the DO route. Good luck!

If you have 1 iota of wanting to do anything else besides foot and ankle, go DO and don't look back.
You need to have thoroughly shadowed both the good and bad in podiatry to really know what you are getting into.

Don't let the excitement of having gotten an acceptance to a DPM program with scholarship blind you from getting locked into something you will be doing for life.

Don't know if this is the place to write it, but can anyone share their experience on WesternU and Midwestern, trying to decide on the two!

Has anyone else who has been accepted to any of the schools receive a notice stating that they cannot guarantee you a residency? i.e. that there may be a residency shortage when we graduate?

I'm committed but a letter like that is definitely a bit alarming.

Has anyone else who has been accepted to any of the schools receive a notice stating that they cannot guarantee you a residency? i.e. that there may be a residency shortage when we graduate?

What school sent you that??!

What school sent you that??!

I got one from Temple

I understand the dilemma here, but four years from your matriculation date is a long time, and anything can change by then. IMO what might happen shouldn't be a reason not to pursue something in life, be it podiatry. So, If you wish to be a DPM, go for it and do your best to learn it all, pass boards on the first try, etc. At this time, we do not know how the new schools will affect future matches, but I hope that new residencies will be created to accommodate everyone.

Welcome! There are fantastic opportunities as a DPM. Send me a DM if you have questions.

I’m not deterred, just wanted to see if this was common in other schools

I received the same same letter when I was accepted to Temple back in 2020. Currently a 3rd year and no signs of a residency shortage. My letter said they “only” had about a 98% match rate that year and couldn’t guarantee 100% match. Even back then I thought “hey 98 is not bad at all, what are you freaking out about temple”

Last edited:

I'm a 2nd year at temple and I got the same letter in my acceptance packet. I believe it is just part of their standard stuff that gets sent out to new students every year to cover their ass *just in case* something like that were to happen. But no, I've heard nothing about a shortage as of yet. Also, if the class of 2027 (for all schools) is as small as class of 26 then theoretically there should be plenty of residency spots so I wouldn't about it. Congrats on your acceptance!

Congrats on the offers! Question regarding scholarships. Do you receive them with the acceptance email or how does that work? I was just accepted to DMU and have three more interviews coming up so I would love to know when you were informed about your scholarships. I was not informed of any merit scholarship in my acceptance so I was wondering if that would potentially come at a different time or if I would not be receiving any money. This is a big factor in my decision-making process of course. Thanks in advance!

Congrats on the offers! Question regarding scholarships. Do you receive them with the acceptance email or how does that work? I was just accepted to DMU and have three more interviews coming up so I would love to know when you were informed about your scholarships. I was not informed of any merit scholarship in my acceptance so I was wondering if that would potentially come at a different time or if I would not be receiving any money. This is a big factor in my decision-making process of course. Thanks in advance!
You should get an email about 2-3 days afterwards with your scholarship award from DMU.

1. GPAs (both cumulative & sci): undergrad cGPA: 3.13; undergrad sGPA: 3.0; masters: 3.0 pending
2. MCAT: 496
3. Shadowing hours & ECs:
  • Radiology: 20 hrs; Orthopedic surgeon: 8 hrs; Plastic Surgeon: 1000+ hrs from working as a MA in his clinic; Anesthesiologist: 500 + hrs; Podiatrist: 50 hrs and counting (still shadowing)
  • Vice president of Public Relations for the College Panhellenic Council
  • Research Intern for Center for Brainhealth
  • Research associate for UT southwestern
  • Marketing coordinator for Camp Kesem
  • Worked part-time at OrangeTheory and Nike throughout college
  • Club volleyball team
4. # of programs applied to: Barry, NYCPM, Scholl, WesternU, CSPM, AZCPM, and UTRGV
5. Programs accepted to and if any Scholarships offered: Barry U w/ 5K and NYCPM
6. Attending program: BarryU (declined NYCPM offer and interviews from other schools)

Reactions: 3 users
1. GPAs: c: 3.4 s: 3.2
2. MCAT Score: 487
3. Shadowing hours & ECs:
  1. 100+ DO/MD Shadowing Anesthesiology and Plastic Surgery
  2. 70+ Shadowinig DPM
  3. Temple Pod Internship, Be Our Guest ACFAS, SHPEP Western
  4. Founder/ President Pre-Health Club, Tutor, MA @ Plastic Surgery Clinic
  5. 300+ Clinical Volunteering
  6. Semi-Professional Valorant/ Streamer LOL (talked about this a lot)

4. # of programs applied to:
10 (didn't apply to UTRGV)
5. Programs accepted to and if any Scholarships offered:
Barry 8k/year, Western 1.5k, Scholl 20k, LECOM 10k, NYCPM.
6. Attending program
Western U (didn't interview to the other 5 after getting accepted)

I am very grateful to be in this position as it didn't seem possible but don't give up hope!

1. GPAs: c: 3.67 s: ~3.8
2. MCAT Score: 495
3. Shadowing hours & ECs: 100+ hrs DPM shadowing, 50+hrs MD/DO shadowing, chemistry tutor and lab TA, undergraduate chemistry research and honors thesis, division III athlete, board position on many clubs, lots of community service/volunteer hours. Was a pharmacy tech and worked retail in a sports store.
4. # of programs applied to: 6 - Kent, Barry, Temple, DMU, AZCPM, and LECOM
5. Programs accepted to and if any Scholarships offered: Interview offers from all. Only interviewed at 4 and accepted to all with scholarships - LECOM, DMU, Kent, and Barry (withdrew from Temple and AZCPM after getting acceptances).
6. Attending program: Barry!! I am beyond grateful for all the opportunities and to be in this position. So excited!

1. GPAs: c: 3.67 s: ~3.8
2. MCAT Score: 495
3. Shadowing hours & ECs: 100+ hrs DPM shadowing, 50+hrs MD/DO shadowing, chemistry tutor and lab TA, undergraduate chemistry research and honors thesis, division III athlete, board position on many clubs, lots of community service/volunteer hours. Was a pharmacy tech and worked retail in a sports store.
4. # of programs applied to: 6 - Kent, Barry, Temple, DMU, AZCPM, and LECOM
5. Programs accepted to and if any Scholarships offered: Interview offers from all. Only interviewed at 4 and accepted to all with scholarships - LECOM, DMU, Kent, and Barry (withdrew from Temple and AZCPM after getting acceptances).
6. Attending program: Barry!! I am beyond grateful for all the opportunities and to be in this position. So excited!

Good stats, Congrats on the A :)