AAD Gross/Microscopic Symposium Questions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Jaime Lannister

Kingslayer
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

Hope you're having a good weekend. I had some questions about submitting an abstract to the AAD's Gross/Microscopic Symposium to those who have experience with the process:

1. It doesn't look like there is a place to submit supplemental pictures along with the abstract. Am I missing something? The instructions say to verbalize visual findings but also mention that "Visual quality of the clinical and microscopic pathology is of paramount importance."

2. Are there example abstract submissions for Gross/Microscopic available somewhere so that I can get an idea of formatting/etc? Right now, I am planning on laying it all out in prose rather than breaking it up into subheadings with accompanying prose (patient history, biopsy results, treatment, etc)

3. I don't have any references for my case report. Should I use the remainder of my word count to discuss the implications of my case, even though this isn't explicitly mentioned as a requirement in the criteria?

Thanks ahead of time for all the clarification!

Members don't see this ad.

You do not submit pictures upfront, once your abstract is accepted, you can upload images etc as a powerpoint. You should cite the articles you plan on using for the presentation. You also need 3 learning objectives if I recall correctly.

Reactions: 1 user