AADSAS 06-07 cycle

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Clovers

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am planning to submit my AADSAS application in June 2006 but
I won't send them one of my transcript until my summer session
grades are out for that school. Summer session grades go out
for that school in August I think. So I figured if I send them
my last transcript it'll probably take about 4 weeks for my
application to go out to dental schools. 4 weeks from August
will be around mid September that my AADSAS application will
go out to dental school. Is mid September still early in the cycle? Should I just forget about my summer session grades and just send in everything before in June? I am a borderline student so everything counts.

Members don't see this ad.

I would say just send everything in by June. Your GPA is probably pretty well established by now, so that extra term on your transcript won't make much of a difference even if u got a 4.0. It would be WAAAAAY more advantageous to have your app sent out by July or August than to have a few more A's.

Clovers said:
go out to dental school. Is mid September still early in the cycle? Should I just forget about my summer session grades and just send in everything before in June? I am a borderline student so everything counts.

TRUST ME...send it all in may/june. Your life will be so much easier.

Members don't see this ad :)
If you are a borderline student now, your grades won't change much if you add your summer session on there. It takes almost 2 months for AADSAS to calculate your GPA. If you wait until the summer is over, you won't have your application sent out until October which is wayyyyy late in the game. Someone with average grades is better off submitting their application as early as possible.

Clovers said:

Whats borderline?

Clovers said:

Whats borderline mean?

so does borderline mean 3.3 and 17 mean your average?

teefRcool said:
so does borderline mean 3.3 and 17 mean your average?

No, it probably means you're going to have to apply to a lot of schools and hope you get into one or two. Average is probably 3.4-3.5 and 18-19 DAT. Of course it depends on the schools you apply to, in/out of state, how early you apply. However, it's getting so competitive these days. A 3.3 isn't disgustingly low but a 17 on the DAT is really low if you ask me. If you have a 3.3, you need to be a lot better than 17 on the DAT. Of course, people do get in with these types of numbers but it's getting more and more difficult.

Audio said:
No, it probably means you're going to have to apply to a lot of schools and hope you get into one or two. Average is probably 3.4-3.5 and 18-19 DAT. Of course it depends on the schools you apply to, in/out of state, how early you apply. However, it's getting so competitive these days. A 3.3 isn't disgustingly low but a 17 on the DAT is really low if you ask me. If you have a 3.3, you need to be a lot better than 17 on the DAT. Of course, people do get in with these types of numbers but it's getting more and more difficult.

Thanks everyone! I'll submit my AADSAS application in ASAP. The competitiveness is crazy...kinda discouraging for borderline students like me. :scared: