AADSAS Biographic Information

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hoabangkhuang

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I am currently a permanent resident (applying for citizenship of US, granted an interview on 7/31/06). Under the Non-US Citizen question. I put in as Permanent Resident. Anyone know whether I need to put in my Alien #? It's so confusing. Anyone have any idea about this? Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

hoabangkhuang said:
Hi all,

I am currently a permanent resident (applying for citizenship of US, granted an interview on 7/31/06). Under the Non-US Citizen question. I put in as Permanent Resident. Anyone know whether I need to put in my Alien #? It's so confusing. Anyone have any idea about this? Thanks.

Congratulations on your interview for citizenship! How likely is it that you will be granted citizenship after your interview? And how soon?

I would recommend calling calling a few dental schools to ask for their advice. And AADSAS. Maybe they will advise you to put US Citizen if having an interview means citizenship is almost a sure bet. I am sure that would effect which applicant pool you're put put into (resident/ nonresident). Just call and ask. In the mean time though, putting "permanent resident" is definitely safe and the right thing to do. Good job and best of luck!!! :luck:

Thanks for your kind response. I will call a couple dental schools on Monday to ask. Thank you:).

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks for your kind response. I will call a couple dental schools on Monday to ask. Thank you:). Oh yeah, I heard having an interview is like 99% sure you'll become a US citizen 2 weeks afterward. Only to pass the test lol (hope i will:)).

umm it makes no deifference whether you are a citizen or permanent resident for anything related to school, including admission and financial aid. you do not put in the alien #. all they ask for is to state that you are a permanent resident. This also does not affect your residencey status in terms of a specific state. I would put down permanent resident and then you can change that later on no problem.

if you have any more questions you can pm me.