AADSAS GPA calculation.. I am in trouble..

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bluesolic

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I asked AADSAS how I need to put my grade for my aESL classes which are pass/fail.

I put NP and called them if that's ok ( it was F on the transcript ) and they said that they will change them to F and the F will be calcualted in GPA

this doesn't make sense AT ALL. I don't why they are so mean.

They said I need to ask my school to send a letter explaining that's not a F but NP and my school sent the letter but today, they emailed me said " Unless school change the whole transcript AADSAS can't change it to NP "

wtf.....?

on the transcript all ESL classes are written as " GPA Att - 0 "

if they have eyes to see it then that's another evidence that the F is not the F but that's just school policy. but I don't understand why ADDSAS doing this.

some school has NP policy and one of the student got NP and I did too but that's not the F as " F " but same as NP and I am sure they KNOW IT !!! unless they HATE ME in person.

Can you guys give me some advice about this happening ??

Members don't see this ad.

A, B, C, D = Pass

F = No Pass (aka failed)

It seems pretty clear to me...

If it was an actual pass/fail class, the school wouldn't put letter grades on the transcript. But since your school did ten there is nothing that AADSAS can do for you buddy! Sorry man but that's just how it is

Members don't see this ad :)
If it was an actual pass/fail class, the school wouldn't put letter grades on the transcript. But since your school did ten there is nothing that AADSAS can do for you buddy! Sorry man but that's just how it is

Pass/fail courses are not calculated in GPA , right?

Then it doesn't matter whether they put P or F or NP , they are all same and shouldn't be calculated in GPA

AADSAS people are not the machine, they can think right??

if they can think what's right and what's wrong, then how can they do that ??

I am sure that they can figure it out that that F is not the F but NP and that's just school policy.

What is NP?? not pass?

yeah bud, i hate to tell you this, but there's little/if anything that you can do

in a "traditional" sense (then again i'm sure it varies by university), anything above a D is a "P". an "F" is..well an F

and given that your transcript has an 'F' on it...i think it's sufficient to say that getting that F overturned isn't gonna happen.

in all honesty, your military service will def help your application ( i saw your pre dents)

edit: your best bet is to try to go to the instructor that gave you the "F" and request that it be changed to an NP on the transcript. then resend your transcript to aadsas.

I asked AADSAS how I need to put my grade for my aESL classes which are pass/fail.

I put NP and called them if that's ok ( it was F on the transcript ) and they said that they will change them to F and the F will be calcualted in GPA

this doesn't make sense AT ALL. I don't why they are so mean.

They said I need to ask my school to send a letter explaining that's not a F but NP and my school sent the letter but today, they emailed me said " Unless school change the whole transcript AADSAS can't change it to NP "

wtf.....?

if they have eyes to see it then that's another evidence that the F is not the F but that's just school policy. but I don't understand why ADDSAS doing this.

some school has NP policy and one of the student got NP and I did too but that's not the F as " F " but same as NP and I am sure they KNOW IT !!! unless they HATE ME in person.

Can you guys give me some advice about this happening ??

I don't get the issue here. If it is an F on your transcript, then of course they are gonna give you a 0. The fact that you put NP makes it seem like you were trying to cheat the system.

If the ESL is not counted as your GPA, how does that work into your transcript? Wouldn't they simply treat it like AP/IB credit?

unfortunatley, if on your transcript, it says you recieved an F in this class (whatever youre talking about --what is aesl???) then no matter what you put on aadsas , such as NP, aadsas is going to change it.
this is what aadsas does, this is why it takes 4-6 weeks for aadsas to verify peoples applications, bc they are revising and reviewing what each student has entered, against their transcripts. so when kids are on sdn freaking out about is so and so class classified as bio is so and so class chem or w/e, at the end of the day it doesnt really matter what you put. because aadsas compares what YOU put, to your actual transcript. and if what YOU put doesnt match to your TRANSCRIPT, they change it to what it says on your transcript, bc that is OFFICIAL.
so unless you somehow get your official transcript changed, and the F removed. then there is nothing you can do.
hope it works out for u

I don't get the issue here. If it is an F on your transcript, then of course they are gonna give you a 0. The fact that you put NP makes it seem like you were trying to cheat the system.

If the ESL is not counted as your GPA, how does that work into your transcript? Wouldn't they simply treat it like AP/IB credit?

No, GPA Att is GPA attempt,

For example, if you take Biology class you get F , then GPA Att is still 3 and you get GPA hours =0

OK?

same thing here, if you take class that is PASS/FAIL based, then GPA Att is 0 and GPA hours = 0

So that's why I think it doesn't make any sense..

why do they try to put an F even thought transcript says GPA Att is 0 ?

I don't really understand why they do this even though transcript SAYS GPA ATTEMPT = 0

No, GPA Att is GPA attempt,

For example, if you take Biology class you get F , then GPA Att is still 3 and you get GPA hours =0

OK?

same thing here, if you take class that is PASS/FAIL based, then GPA Att is 0 and GPA hours = 0

So that's why I think it doesn't make any sense..

why do they try to put an F even thought transcript says GPA Att is 0 ?

I don't really understand why they do this even though transcript SAYS GPA ATTEMPT = 0
If attempted hour for P/NP class is zero, then your GPA shouldn't change regardless of whether or not they put it in as F or NP.

If attempted hour for P/NP class is zero, then your GPA shouldn't change regardless of whether or not they put it in as F or NP.

Agreed.
It doesn't matter if it shows as F or NP. In both cases you didn't pass the class.
However, GPA will not be affected since it does NOT add any credits towards your GPA.

Agreed.
It doesn't matter if it shows as F or NP. In both cases you didn't pass the class.
However, GPA will not be affected since it does NOT add any credits towards your GPA.

that's exactly what I mean !!!!

How can I solve this problem......... ?

Members don't see this ad :)
that's exactly what I mean !!!!

How can I solve this problem......... ?

It won't bring down your GPA, since it will be ZERO credits. Now you can't change them listing it as an F...but at least your GPA wont change..

It won't bring down your GPA, since it will be ZERO credits. Now you can't change them listing it as an F...but at least your GPA wont change..
I don't think he understands...

i think he's concerned with having an "F" itself on the transcript.

honestly dude, if you received 0 credits for it then i wouldn't be too concerned.

given the mass influx of applications that dental schools are about to get and will get until jan/feb, they'll most probably just look at your gpa table as opposed to individual semester courses/grades. it's all a numbers game at first. if you pass that stage, then you just have to rock the interview.

dude...if its 0 hours then who cares. If anyone asks about it, just be honest.

ESL-English as a second language.

You might wanna brush up on it :D jk

dude...if its 0 hours then who cares. If anyone asks about it, just be honest.

ESL-English as a second language.

You might wanna brush up on it :D jk

Thanks guys,

But the problem is that when I tried to put the grade as F, the system automatically count 4 hours.. that's why I put NP .

Guys AADSAS will manage that things ?

The reason I am too worried is that they might just put the F and don't care about what happen and just submit my GPA and then I will have to call them , explain them, try to solve that problem... you know.. that I don't want to do.

I feel like I don't trust AADSAS after I had conversation with them about this issue.. I feel like they don't even care and they are lazy to do things like this. even though they know this is about MY LIFE..

their answer yesterday was too disappointing..

I know you're very frustrated with AADSAS, but I think their hands are tied in this situation. They can only accept and process what they get directly from your school and your associated transcripts. They cannot freely interpret or change grades and the like. They certainly aren't going to make changes based on your say so, no matter how much you plead the direness of your case.

You need to refocus your frustrations with AADSAS to positive efforts with your school, they're the only ones who can change your transcript and thus change what AADSAS will send to dental schools. If your school decides what they put on your transcripts is legitimate, you need to swallow your disbelief and move on to getting through the rest of the application cycle.

All the best.

A, B, C, D = Pass

F = No Pass (aka failed)

It seems pretty clear to me...

i think for all of the school i went to...D = fail too
only C or above is the passing grade

i think for all of the school i went to...D = fail too
only C or above is the passing grade

This is true, but they still give D's to help calculate that one point into the GPA...for some people it makes a difference to keep them out of academic probation and such

I talked with person in AADSAS today, and she called registar at my college and she said it is fine.

they won't be in GPA calculation. (which I got Fs )

nice !

I talked with person in AADSAS today, and she called registar at my college and she said it is fine.

they won't be in GPA calculation. (which I got Fs )

nice !

Thank goodness!

You are correct in your assertion that your ESL course should not be counted towards your GPA simply because there is no college credit given for, in essence, remedial courses, and it has nothing to do with the fact that it was a Pass/Fail course. AAADSAS apparently keyed in on the grade without noting the zero credits. It is not often they make glaring errors.

You are correct in your assertion that your ESL course should not be counted towards your GPA simply because there is no college credit given for, in essence, remedial courses, and it has nothing to do with the fact that it was a Pass/Fail course. AAADSAS apparently keyed in on the grade without noting the zero credits. It is not often they make glaring errors.

You are right, but I think people should be careful with this fact.

Because AADSAS really doesn't know how it goes, they don't care if it is pass/fail if there is F sign on the trascript.

I explained around 10 times called 10 times and they kept saying " NO, WE HAVE TO PUT IT INTO THE GPA BECAUSE IT IS SAYING F, not NP. "

Never give up , keep explaining your situation if you have any..

Even though they try to explain to make you give up on something you request, Never give up if you think you can change something for your advantage.

Thanks for the advices.

if they have eyes to see it then that's another evidence that the F is not the F but that's just school policy.

You are right, but I think people should be careful with this fact.
Because AADSAS really doesn't know how it goes, they don't care if it is pass/fail if there is F sign on the trascript.
I explained around 10 times called 10 times and they kept saying " NO, WE HAVE TO PUT IT INTO THE GPA BECAUSE IT IS SAYING F, not NP. "

It is beginning to sound like you and the AADSAS personnel were each speaking in different tongues. In reality, it is not even clear that the AADSAS entry was erroneous. While you keep insisting otherwise, there is no difference between F and NP, and they were right in verifying the grade as an F. The key to your situation is that your transcript showed GPA Att as zero, although strictly speaking it probably reads or should read Credit Hours Att as 0 (zero). While, the number of credit hours for an ESL course is usually 3, it is unlikely that the data entry personnel entered it as such, Entering the course as zero credit hours with zero (F) points, would be the correct way to enter the it in your record, and as such, it would have zero effect on your GPA.

It is beginning to sound like you and the AADSAS personnel were each speaking in different tongues. In reality, it is not even clear that the AADSAS entry was erroneous. While you keep insisting otherwise, there is no difference between F and NP, and they were right in verifying the grade as an F. The key to your situation is that your transcript showed GPA Att as zero, although strictly speaking it probably reads or should read Credit Hours Att as 0 (zero). While, the number of credit hours for an ESL course is usually 3, it is unlikely that the data entry personnel entered it as such, Entering the course as zero credit hours with zero (F) points, would be the correct way to enter the it in your record, and as such, it would have zero effect on your GPA.

My GPA Att was 0 but Credit Hours was 3, that was the problem begining..

they said, GPA Att doesn't matter since that's just my school policy and they will follow the Credit Hours..

I kept saying that it is pass/fail class so no matter what it says on the transcript, it is not calculated in the GPA.

So, my school sent the letter and AADSAS kept saying that that is just my school policy. and I was in desperate at that moment.

and I spoke 4 people and all of them said same things....

and last time I call was different woman, and she was supe kind and she finally felt like something is unfair. So, she asked me my school number and she called them and figured out that those Fs should be NP. and she solved the problems.

It was really extreme moment !!