AAMC #3 Score Accuracy

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

agoron

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone!

Just a quick question about AAMC practice accuracy. I just took AAMC #3 (simulated testing conditions / environment) and scored a 28 (9 PS/9 VR/10 BS). I also recently took Kaplan's Test #1 and got a 30 (9/11/10). Only my verbal went down, but I think the AAMC verbal was significantly less straightforward than Kaplan's, and I found it to be more difficult.

Is AAMC #3 usually an accurate representation of what the MCAT is like? My exam is January 13th, and I'll be taking the other AAMC exams in the weeks to come. I did debrief the exam, and definitely made a few silly slip-ups and second guessed my instincts, leading to wrong answers. I was also on the upper range of questions right for each score, so 1 more question right in each section and I could have had a score 3 points higher. But that's my own fault.

Any tips on how to prepare in the next 2 months, and if AAMC #3 is an accurate representation of what the actual exam is like?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

AAMC 3 is on OK representation of the MCAT. It is a decade and some old however and the delivery of information (passages from articles) will differ.

Continue on with AAMC 4 and see if you land a similar score.

I think it's fairly accurate. I scored within 1 point of my AAMC score. I think the test (mostly BS) changes slightly in the later tests but IMO, the "differences in difficulty" among the different AAMC tests are overblown.

It really didn't predict much for me. I really slacked in regards to mcat studying and I took aamc 3 a few days before my real test. On the real test my PS score was three points lower, BS was three points higher, and VR was two points higher. My composite score was somewhat close but aamc 3 gave me a false sense of security in regards to the PS section as the questions were very conceptual and required few calculations. Don't make the mistake I did and take more aamc practice tests. Just my two cents