Aamc #5 q 123 (bs)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nr6unhH

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Um, well, if anyone could actually refer back to passage V in BS of AAMC #5

I'm wondering if Q. 123 Contraction of the diaphragm results in a : more negative IPP and inspiration. this can be derived from the passage.

I could've derived answer from outside knowledge easily if I was able to recall that IPP decreases even more during inhalation but it seems like its a very unique detail to recall..... so I was just wondering if there's any hint/reason behind the passage that you can derive the answer without background knowledge. Is there any from the passage? I can't seem to find it..

Thank you :)

Members don't see this ad.

Um, well, if anyone could actually refer back to passage V in BS of AAMC #5

I'm wondering if Q. 123 Contraction of the diaphragm results in a : more negative IPP and inspiration. this can be derived from the passage.

I could've derived answer from outside knowledge easily if I was able to recall that IPP decreases even more during inhalation but it seems like its a very unique detail to recall..... so I was just wondering if there's any hint/reason behind the passage that you can derive the answer without background knowledge. Is there any from the passage? I can't seem to find it..

Thank you :)

for Bio section, I feel that alot of stuff is outside knowledge unless they specificly mention according to the passage or you know for a fact its passage related! I actually remember that question, and I would say that is definately a common sense and outside knowledge one:

-when diaphragm contracts it goes downward thus leading to the increase of volume/empty space of the IPP resulting in the exapnsing of the lung tissue leading to a decreased pressure in the lungs and the inflow of air! for BS I tend to skim the passage quickly, answer the questions that I can first, then refer to the passage for the ones I cannot! (there is a lot of garbage info in the bio passages)