aamc appliction

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kateoptimistic

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I copy and paste my personal essay to the aamc online application. but there is something wrong after i clicked on "continue". A word, for example, "meanwhile" is split up to "meanwh ile." No matter what I did, the error couldn't be fixed. Does anyone here know how to fix it?
Also, my college is based on semester(fall & spring) system. Should I put "Full year--semester system" for Academic Term? For my AP credit and college-level courses, Academic Term should be "Other Term" or something else? I really need help. If you know the answers, please help me. I tried to called the aamc center. But the lady receptionist who answered my phone was mean and did not really answer my questions.
Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

My school's pre-med committee told me not to copy and paste my PS; instead, just type it into the space provided. Did you check your character limit?

Also, try calling AAMC back. You'll probably get a different operator; hopefully one that's less mean this time!

MS Word and programs like it have special formatting that gets screwed up when you paste it into a simple one like a web form. Once you paste something, the formatting is pasted with your personal statement as code that the web form can't interpret. It tries to interpret the code anyway, and that's why you get the weird characters or undeletable spaces. To get around this, you can copy your personal statement to Notepad (program in Windows XP) which does not have complex formatting. Pasting from MS Word to Notepad to AAMCAS seems to work without completely ruining your PS. Notepad sort of simplifies the formatting in your PS so that you can paste it into AAMCAS without too much trouble. There might be a few errors that come up but for the most part it should work. Be sure to read and reread your PS within the AAMCAS form to make sure it came out ok.

Last edited: