aamc assessments

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

makingthejump

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, can someone explain how they utilized the aamc assessments? For example, if I am doing content review for physics, should I buy the physics assessment and go through each question utilizing my sources to derive the correct answer? Are answers given question by question? or do I need to complete all 100+ questions in the assessment to get the answers? My thinking is utilizing aamc sources is best to understand their methodology in answer questions b/c they write the actual mcat, not kaplan, tbr, tpr, ek, etc.

Members don't see this ad.

The answers are not given after each question. You have to go through and answer all of the questions before you can see your score and the correct answers. I wouldn't go through the SAs using your study material to answer each question. I would treat them like practice tests (though they're not timed) and answer each question as best as you can with your current knowledge, only going over the answers after you've finished. You're right in thinking that they're good for understanding the AAMC's style of asking questions. I did all of them, except for verbal, and found them to be very helpful and good prep. Good luck!

The answers are not given after each question. You have to go through and answer all of the questions before you can see your score and the correct answers. I wouldn't go through the SAs using your study material to answer each question. I would treat them like practice tests (though they're not timed) and answer each question as best as you can with your current knowledge, only going over the answers after you've finished. You're right in thinking that they're good for understanding the AAMC's style of asking questions. I did all of them, except for verbal, and found them to be very helpful and good prep. Good luck!

Would u say they are worth buying for someone who only has 2 weeks until their MCAT but still wants to eliminate as many weaknesses as possible?

Thanks for the reply! Do they give the rationale and reasoning behind each answer? or is only the correct letter answer provided with no explanation?

Members don't see this ad :)
Would u say they are worth buying for someone who only has 2 weeks until their MCAT but still wants to eliminate as many weaknesses as possible?

Yes JCB! It's literally just like all the questions from 3 more AAMC FL tests combined into a self assessment. It's as useful, if not more, than doing the AAMC FL's. (IMO)

Thanks for the reply! Do they give the rationale and reasoning behind each answer? or is only the correct letter answer provided with no explanation?

Yes, the answer explanations are just like the AAMC FL tests.