AAMC CBT10 clairification

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Oh_Gee

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
20. got this wrong cause from the passage, i thought it was just talking about the projectile getting to its max height. passage never mentioned it falling down but i guess i should assume so? my experience from VR told me to take the passage as literally as i could and not assume anything if not asked to. wtf AAMC?
also they admit in the answer explanation that the given answer is not entirely complete. would an answer choice along the lines of "170hz - frequency heard just before it reaches its peak" be better? since magnitude doesn't take + or - into account

21. just curious about this. what does give shrapnel its momentum? i'm assuming it's just the explosive force of the chemical reaction. is there any way we could calculate this within MCAT boundaries?

103. i chose h-bond because i remember my high school bio teacher telling us that when asked any biology question, always answer H-bond and you will most likely be right. this has served me well for the most part
so does h-bond always play a bigger role in BP than the MW? if there was a huge difference in size, such as BP of 1 propanol vs a 20 carbon straight chain alkane, the 20 carbon alkane would have the highest BP based on its MW right?

111. lol took 1 look at this passage and said nope. went back to it after everything else and had 20 minutes left
anyways, how much specificity of antibodies should we assume? i know IgE and IgG have different specialties but how are we supposed to know? i just guessed the AAMC would expect us to that antibodies are specific for 1 type of antigen only so would this antibody react with different hantaviruses? same glycoprotein???

Members don't see this ad.

Attachments

• 20.PNG
    20.PNG
    185.3 KB · Views: 42
  • 21.PNG
    21.PNG
    24.3 KB · Views: 28
  • 27.JPG
    27.JPG
    69.3 KB · Views: 32
  • 103.JPG