AAMC FL Exam 2015/2016 Scored (1) Scale

WizzyWatkins

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am getting approximately 70% of the questions correct on each section, yet the scaled score claims I am in the 57th percentile (502). I know that individuals are scaled in regards to the test version (difficulty) or their peers but this scale seems a little harsh. Can anyone explain this to me. Would one, in general, be expected to only be in the 57th percentile upon getting approximately 70% of questions correct?

Members don't see this ad.

Hi there wizzy. I took the old test out of 45. Your percentile ranking and the percent of questions you got correct will vary based on the difficulty of the test as you said. If getting 70% was 57th percentile then the test must have been relatively easy.... Usually you wanna hit atleast in the 80-90% range. This is exactly why this test is difficult... Best of luck man. You can do it!

Hi there wizzy. I took the old test out of 45. Your percentile ranking and the percent of questions you got correct will vary based on the difficulty of the test as you said. If getting 70% was 57th percentile then the test must have been relatively easy.... Usually you wanna hit atleast in the 80-90% range. This is exactly why this test is difficult... Best of luck man. You can do it!
Why do you say it was relatively easy? 57th percentile is about a 26 on the old exam. It just seems to me that getting ~70% correct would get me closer to a 30 rather than a 25.