aamc gpa question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

switch17

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
The aamc app instructions say that they count + and - even if the school does not. I only have access to my unofficial transcripts and my school only does ABCDF. Will aamc automatically add .3 to each grade point? It doesn't seem fair that other applicants can have a 3.7 for an 88 and I only have 3 for an 88. This would make a huge impact on my gpa. Has anyone else with a grade scale like mine completed the app process? How were your grades handled?

Members don't see this ad.

The aamc app instructions say that they count + and - even if the school does not. I only have access to my unofficial transcripts and my school only does ABCDF. Will aamc automatically add .3 to each grade point? It doesn't seem fair that other applicants can have a 3.7 for an 88 and I only have 3 for an 88. This would make a huge impact on my gpa. Has anyone else with a grade scale like mine completed the app process? How were your grades handled?
Yes but you get a 4 for a 90 whereas others get a 3.7. It is all meant to average out. In my case it hasn't (my GPA would be .05 higher without the +- system). But, as you see, it shouldn't make a big difference.