AAMC MCAT Official Prep Online Bundle - sufficient for practice?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

CaptainAmazon

Reaction score
I am using the following resources for studying:
1) Kaplan books (second hand) 2) Khan Academy videos 3) Khan Academy PBQs 4) Flashcards (rebopbebop)
In terms of practice, I am looking at buying the AAMC MCAT Official Prep ONLINE Bundle: AAMC MCAT Official Prep Online-Only Bundle

Is the online bundle sufficient for practice? I am also using the study schedule website which doesn't seem to include the AAMC Practice Exams #s 2-4. How should I fit these into the schedule between now and late August?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
yes, sufficient for practice after you have done a good chunk of content review or have recently mastered the prereqs. some people may need more CARS practice, AAMC is a little light there but they still have invaluable CARS resources in terms of getting used to their writing style and logic. I wouldn't use any AAMC official resources first so it's good to see you're following kaplan and KA

absolutely include as many AAMC practice exams as possible, ideally spreading them out at least ~10 days to 2 weeks apart. you'll need sufficient time to review them while avoiding burnout. some people spread them out one week a part but I don't see the utility in that unless you've been procrastinating.

have you just started the schedule? I'd schedule the final FL probably 2 weeks before the real exam. in terms of how spread out you want to take the rest of the FLs, it really depends on your scores, content gaps, trends. i.e. it wouldn't make sense to take FL 2 just a couple weeks after FL 1 if you for instance scored a 490 on it.

you may need to adjust the schedule and how often you take a FL exam as you go.

good luck!

I would recommend adding a few free practice exams from other providers to get used to the timing and to make sure you are familiar with the format. It also helps identify content gaps before you start to use your high value AAMC practice exams.

The AAMC materials are the best things you'll find anywhere. But make sure you are ready for them before you start. You don't want to waste them by doing the SBs or FLs when you aren't ready for the material and the level of thinking needed to do well on them.

Reactions: 1 user