About the ads

1. Check out PREMED.me!
    Offers FREE service to help premeds manage their applications and MCAT study calendars and identify schools to target.

AAMC "MCAT Practice Questions" book?

Discussion in 'MCAT Discussions' started by shiite7, Aug 24, 2010.

1. SDN is a nonprofit organization. Services are made possible through the generous support of SDN members and sponsors. Thank you.
  1. shiite7

shiite7 H-double-O-D

Pre-Medical

SDN Members don't see this ad. (About Ads)
    Hi,

I take my MCAT in about 2.5 weeks, and have two more TBR online FLs to take (I ordered the five; have gotten 27, 28, and 29/30 on #1-3), and just took AAMC #3 online the other day (got PS 11, VR 10, and BS 9)...between now and the test I plan on finishing the rest of my TBR exams (which I highly recommend, by the way) and taking the rest of the AAMC exams online sequentially (4-10), taking #10 maybe 3 or 4 days before the exam. My goal is to get a PS 12/13, VR 10/11 and BS 10/11 on the "real deal".

My rambling notwithstanding, my question is this:

1) Has anyone bought and used this "MCAT Practice Questions" workbook from AAMC? http://www.amazon.com/Practice-Association-American-Medical-Colleges/dp/0716759071/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1282694553&sr=8-3

It has 77 questions in PS (11 passages), 9 passages of VR, and 77 questions in BS (11 passages). I also recently bought "The Official Guide to the MCAT Exam" (First Edition), which I have read does NOT have any material from AAMC 3-10 exams.

...does anyone know whether this "MCAT Practice Questions" book has material from AAMC 3-10? I was planning on maybe spending the last three days before my MCAT going over the "Official Guide to the MCAT Exam" as well as this "MCAT Practice Questions" book [which I have not heard anyone talk about...I am a long-time lurker, first-time poster, :) ]

Anyway, if anyone has any input, I'd appreciate it!