AAMC Question from Official Guide

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Winterbourne

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
My question is about #24 on page 178 on the AAMC Official Guide to the MCAT Exam

Because of the copyright I am not sure I can post the full question.

For 24 (Physics) I choose answer B instead of D because I thought both equations gives you linear graphs. I really don't see how they are getting an exponential graph for the Xc equation. Please help!

(Also, does anyone know if I am allowed to just post the full question? It would be WAY easier)

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
My question is about #24 on page 178 on the AAMC Official Guide to the MCAT Exam

Because of the copyright I am not sure I can post the full question.

For 24 (Physics) I choose answer B instead of D because I thought both equations gives you linear graphs. I really don't see how they are getting an exponential graph for the Xc equation. Please help!

(Also, does anyone know if I am allowed to just post the full question? It would be WAY easier)

I have done the guide recently. The reason why it is D correct is because the Xc graph shows Xc=1/f line, this would be a "exponentially" decreasing relationship, (f=1, Xc=1; f=2, Xc=1/2; f=3, Xc=1/3). Try and make a graph with those number and you will see why the line is curving out at the end.

The answer would be B if Xc= -f and then you would see a linear downward line.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
I have done the guide recently. The reason why it is D correct is because the Xc graph shows Xc=1/f line, this would be a "exponentially" decreasing relationship, (f=1, Xc=1; f=2, Xc=1/2; f=3, Xc=1/3). Try and make a graph with those number and you will see why the line is curving out at the end.

The answer would be B if Xc= -f and then you would see a linear downward line.

Thank you!

Yes, the graph is the inverse proportion (I didn't realize what this looked like…)

Attachments

• Inverse.Proportion.Sm.Graph.gif
    Inverse.Proportion.Sm.Graph.gif
    6.3 KB · Views: 58
Thank you!

Yes, the graph is the inverse proportion (I didn't realize what this looked like…)

Sure. I learned that lesson the hard way from doing TBR physics. I almost picked B, but just remembered (during the practice run) the pain I endured from TBR drilling the whole inverse relationship thing.

Reactions: 1 user