AAMC R Exams nearly identical to CBT versions???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Jumb0

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I took AAMC 3 and 5, the CBT versions...Now I had planned on doing ALL of the R-versions before I tackled the rest of the CBT's (since CBT's are supposed to be the best preparation).

But it turns out the R-exams are nearly identical to the CBT's. I just took 3R PS and I had seen 90% of the PS passages.

Should I even bother with the R exams? I don't want to do all the R exams and then shell out $35 a pop for the online CBT exams when I will have seen most of the questions already.

What should I do?

Members don't see this ad.

If you dont want to buy self assessments + dont care about getting used to CBT, then just use R.

Yes, the R versions are identical to the CBT versions, except that the R versions are about 1/3 longer. And, ya' know, on paper.
I would recommend taking the R versions you have (the older ones), and taking the CBT versions of FLs that you don't have (the newer ones).
I haven't come across an R version of AAMC8 or higher, and those are the newest, so def take those CBT.