AAMC Verbal Reasoning Self-Assessment package

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Addallat

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does the AAMC "Official MCAT® Self-Assessment Package: Verbal Reasoning Self-Assessment" use any questions from any of the full lengths they offer? Or is the self assessment completely different from the verbal sections of AAMC 3-11
Also can anybody inform me how many passages there are in the self-assessment package

ahhh meant to post in discussions forum sorry

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
They are taken from the "R" exams, which were the paper exams administered before the CBTs. The paper exams were longer (more passages and questions) than the current AAMC FLs. So the passages taken out of the CBTs are now in the self-assessment packages for all subjects. So, you will not see them again in your AAMC practice tests.

IIRC, the VR self-assessment has 21 passages and 120 questions, or close to it.

It's very good practice. I initially had trouble switching from reading out of a book to a computer screen, and doing the self-assessment made me to get used to it.

i read that you have to do all 21 passages in one sitting because you're only allowed one attempt at the assessment ..... 21 verbal passages in one sitting ouch that's rough

No, you can break it up however you'd like. You can click "pause" or just close the window, and it will save where you left off.

I broke it up into 2-5 passages a day over the course of a few days. There isn't a timer on the screen, but you should still time yourself with your phone, watch, etc.