AAVMC National Meeting in DC

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

LivestockDoc

I speak 4 the cows!
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just got this email from my school's pre-health sciences advisor. Thought I'd pass it along.

American Association of Veterinary Medical Colleges is pleased to announce the 5th Annual Veterinary Medical Information Sessions event. This years' event will focus on the information sessions!

Undergraduate students:
We will continue the important annual session devoted to answering any questions about applying to vet school during the next year.

Interested in going to school outside of the US?
For the first time ever we will host a session featuring AAVMC International and Affiliate members. This session will provide a wealth information on attending veterinary medical schools outside of the United States.

Other planned information sessions include Lab Animal Medicine, Large/Food Animal Medicine, Shelter Medicine, and Veterinary Careers in Public Health.

DATE: March 13th
TIME: 2:30pm-6:00pm
PLACE: Westin Washington DC City Center,1400 M Street, NW, Washington, DC 20005.
REGISTRATION: www.aavmc.org, choose link on Veterinary Career Information Sessions!
COST: Free!

Members don't see this ad.

I went to this last year in DC - it was a great opportunity to touch base with each of the schools (including international accredited schools, many of whom had a table as well). I was able to talk directly to Directors of Admissions at several of the schools I was planning to apply to. I brought copies of my resume along - just in case - and found that to be helpful as well. If you live nearby, don't miss it!

Agreed; if you live in DC (or the surrounding area), don't miss this!

I met several admissions directors when I went to it a few years ago and ended up at one of those schools. It's a great way to meet some people and get your questions answered.

I went to this last year in DC - it was a great opportunity to touch base with each of the schools (including international accredited schools, many of whom had a table as well). I was able to talk directly to Directors of Admissions at several of the schools I was planning to apply to. I brought copies of my resume along - just in case - and found that to be helpful as well. If you live nearby, don't miss it!