ABA Pain Exam format

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

freediver

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Taking the test Oct 23

Can anyone comment on # of questions and time allotted for the exam?

Members don't see this ad.

I am taking on Oct 23rd too. Do you get any sample questions from the board to know the format. Are there any K type questions. Any online prep courses which simulate the board questions ? I know its too late. I just listened to some dannemiller CDs on my iphone everyday

I am also taking it on the 23rd. there are 200 questions and (have been told you have 4 hours to complete but am not sure on that). I have some practice questions from colleagues from old ASIPP courses that seem pretty good - won't be able to comment until after the test.

Members don't see this ad :)
You should have plenty of time to complete the exam, just don't get bogged down on one or two questions and move on as I recall. I remember taking my exam, I think it was on the 13 and I was taking it on the 13th floor of the building

What have people been using to study? This is the most ambiguous test I have ever seen. I have the Dannemiller CD's but the vastness of info is ridiculous. There is no really good review course I have heard of. I have worked a bunch of questions but what exactly do you study?

Its hard to get any information regarding this test. I just listen to DM cds but I do not have any questions to do. I searching online for the same . I found about 350 questions in pain exam.com Any thoughts about this. If some one wants to discuss anything about this exam, they can discuss here or send me a private message. I am looking for a study partner to do these questions.

I bought the DM course 'home version'. Very happy with it. Their handouts are misprinted in that Ferrantes cancer pain handouts are missing. I called them and they emailed within 1 hour. The lectures are high quality on the whole and pretty interesting. Well worth the 500-600 bucks.

I went through the 2009 DM CD's for the exam and then I saw that the 2010 version came out. I ordered the paper format for 2010 (costs a little less). Does anyone know if there is much difference between the 2009 vs the 2010 CD's. I hate to cough up another $500.

I went through the 2009 DM CD's for the exam and then I saw that the 2010 version came out. I ordered the paper format for 2010 (costs a little less). Does anyone know if there is much difference between the 2009 vs the 2010 CD's. I hate to cough up another $500.

A friend happened to have the 09 on a USB drive which I copied. Another friend bought the 2010 DVDs. I ripped the DVD and then went through the lectures and compared 09 to 10 and mostly it looked like the lectures were identical. Word for word. Not just same guy doing same lecture, but the exact same copy of that lecture on the 2010 DVD.

Did the painexam.com questions and they were pretty good. The questions come with explanations. Last few tests I think had some images which I thought was good.

I have also done questions from a really old book "Pretest" . This is probably outdated material. Also no longer sold.

Anyone can comment on how much imaging will be involved in the exam? Not sure I can read MRI's. Also anyone hear of much ultrasound on the test? (That's what they had on the painexam.com questions)