ABEM MOC incentive program

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

WerdSalid

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm participating in the 2014 ABEM MOC incentive program. Has anybody else had any luck with this? I was wondering to whom the reimbursement payments are sent and in what time frame. Fwiw I'm an independent contractor. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Holy crap. Where have you been the past 4 years? We were just talking about one of your posts on another thread, that got trolled by a patient, by the way.

I'm an occasional lurker but rarely post. So NOBODY is participating in ABEM's MOC incentive program?

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm not even sure that I had heard of this.

Hunh ?

i only remembered and did everything when i worked for a larger group/quasi-CMG and was harassed quite regularly about it. made me do my LLSA's and the other MOC stuff on time though...

this fall i was switching jobs and totally forgot. whoops.

Having made the decision I've made, I'm not going to waste my time with this stuff. I'll go to Canada, work for a decade, let my certification lapse and retire. Then I can work part time at Canadian Tire for the employee discount...

I don't do the MOC. Two years ago I was working for a CMG and knew they would just steal the money. Now as a locums, I am sure I won't see a dime of it, so why bother putting the effort in?

I did it the past couple years. The payment came to our group billing co., but we get all our extra income, so it came to me eventually.

At the bottom I linked a site explaining all the details. Briefly, if you take an LLSA test, and do a minor PI project, and participate in sometime of patient survey (press gainey) you are eligible. You then fill out an online form, pay a small fee (?$25-30), and wait. One approved, CMS pays you a 0.5% bonus on all of your medicare billings for the year. They send it the same place as the rest of your payments.

If you were paid $80k by CMS in a year, you'll get $400 (minus the $25 fee). Not earth shattering, but easy money if you are already doing to LLSA test.

https://www.abem.org/public/pqrs-mo...nt/pqrs-additional-incentive-payment-overview

Oh and you still have 3 weeks left to file it for 2014, so not too late...