General Admissions & OTCAS Abilene Christian University MOT 2016

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Forever25

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

so I submitted my application for ACU's OT program a few weeks ago and I'm so anxious to hear back. I've pretty much applied to almost every school in TX and have been rejected so Abilene is almost my last hope as far as staying in state. Has anyone else applied to the program this section? I know they had an early admission cycle so I know some have been admitted. Anyone know anything about their program?

Members don't see this ad.

Hey everyone,

so I submitted my application for ACU's OT program a few weeks ago and I'm so anxious to hear back. I've pretty much applied to almost every school in TX and have been rejected so Abilene is almost my last hope as far as staying in state. Has anyone else applied to the program this section? I know they had an early admission cycle so I know some have been admitted. Anyone know anything about their program?

I applied for the early decision deadline and I wasn't accepted so my application is being reviewed along with regular admissions deadline. The only thing I know about this program is that 1) it is not accredited and 2) On the AOTA website, it states that this program's pre-accreditation has been denied. I saw the denied part around December. I read close into it (I could still be wrong though) that they will be evaluated around May/June. But then I dont know if that just puts them back at pre-accreditation because FROM my point of view being denied of pre-accrediation is like taking a step back...

I applied for the early decision deadline and I wasn't accepted so my application is being reviewed along with regular admissions deadline. The only thing I know about this program is that 1) it is not accredited and 2) On the AOTA website, it states that this program's pre-accreditation has been denied. I saw the denied part around December. I read close into it (I could still be wrong though) that they will be evaluated around May/June. But then I dont know if that just puts them back at pre-accreditation because FROM may point of view being denied of pre-accrediation is like taking a step back...

Oh wow, I didn't know they were denied accreditation. How long does the accreditation process usually take? I suppose it'd be a risk going to a school that isn't yet accredited..
Do you know how many students they accepted for early decision?

Oh wow, I didn't know they were denied accreditation. How long does the accreditation process usually take? I suppose it'd be a risk going to a school that isn't yet accredited..
Do you know how many students they accepted for early decision?

I'm not sure how long it takes a program to be fully accredited especially with this program being "denied" of preaccreditation... I'm not really sure how many they accept! You are the only that I know from this forum that had applied to this program.