ABPN 300 Category 1 CME credits - question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dunecat

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello there - I am in search of your advice. I will be recertifying for my ABPN boards in 2016 and have read the following on the ABPN site:

"You will need to attest to the completion of the 10-Year MOC activities when you apply for your next MOC Exam.

All required activities must be completed and attested to in order to proceed through the application.

Tracking your activities in the Activity Records section is no longer required. You may continue to do so for your own convenience.
Please be sure to have the following items completed before you apply for your next MOC exam:
blank.gif
300 Category 1 CME credits.

blank.gif
24 Self-Assessment CME credits.

blank.gif
1 PIP Clinical Module.

blank.gif
PIP Feedback Module (Optional)"

The sites states that "RECORD TRACKING IS NO LONGER REQUIRED. DIPLOMATES ARE REQUIRED TO ATTEST TO COMPLETED MOC ACTIVITIES." Pardon my ignorance, but - if they do not require for me to site the CME on record tracking, how do they require us to state that we truly have completed these 300 credits, via "attested to completed MOC activities"? Is this simply based on good faith without hard proof? Thank you in advance for your advice!

Members don't see this ad.

No, you still have to keep evidence. You just don't have to use their tool for doing so, which they were trying to push as a sort of official site for MOC documentation. They could still audit you. Agree that it is worded poorly.

(answered already)

Last edited:
https://nbpas.org

You want to be free, you're free. All you need are a pair of gonads. You want to stay safe, stay a slave.