Absolutely Appreciate the IGNORE Button on this forum

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

RXDOC1986

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I come to these forums for some entertainment, humor, and God forbid, some education. But mostly for comedic relief. I give you my honest opinion, based on my very limited knowledge. I am 100% okay with discord, criticism and conflict. But as an old guy, I just cannot tolerate blowhards and buffoons. With EGOS big enough their head would get stuck in doorways. I just don't need any of their Sheet. Therefore, the IGNORE button comes in handy! Now used it several times. Try it, you will love it. Thank you Admin, for the button.

Members don't see this ad.

• Haha
  • Okay...
Reactions: 6 users
There's like 10 people left on here, what's the point of an ignore button?

Reactions: 8 users
Go on Reddit, it’s way more fun and interesting.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Go on Reddit, it’s way more fun and interesting.

Ikr, you get juicy threads like the Rx intern dating their site’s resident on the down low and asking for advice.

Who’s left to ignore on here? I ignore nobody and it’s still been like crickets for weeks/months.

Reactions: 1 users
As expected when the mods banned BMB again. The forum was more lively when we all argued with him about student loan forgiveness and investments.

Reactions: 3 users
I'm about to fly first class to Nuremberg for Christkindlesmarkt and then to Jukkasjärvi to spend New Years at the Ice Bar...because I am the world's best paid pharmacist and any of you that have student loans and make less than $300k a year are doing something very wrong.

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
I come to these forums for some entertainment, humor, and God forbid, some education. But mostly for comedic relief. I give you my honest opinion, based on my very limited knowledge. I am 100% okay with discord, criticism and conflict. But as an old guy, I just cannot tolerate blowhards and buffoons. With EGOS big enough their head would get stuck in doorways. I just don't need any of their Sheet. Therefore, the IGNORE button comes in handy! Now used it several times. Try it, you will love it. Thank you Admin, for the button.

Gotta love the boomer random capitalizations

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users
I'm about to fly first class to Nuremberg for Christkindlesmarkt and then to Jukkasjärvi to spend New Years at the Ice Bar...because I am the world's best paid pharmacist and any of you that have student loans and make less than $300k a year are doing something very wrong.
Okay, that's it! You are on ignore. How could you? I still fly Spirit, with a carry-on trash bag for my vacations!
You are now on ignore too!:eek::cool::eek:

There's like 10 people left on here, what's the point of an ignore button?
Like I said, discord, conflict, and disagreement is fine. Personal attacks and bullying is not! I am too old for that sheet! Blowhards are not welcome. Example: Some blowhard/now ignored member reacted to my assessment of supplements. He was extremely offended as if I called his baby ugly. Questioned my degree and residency. Suggested I use my residency certificate as a paper weight. Well buddy, I tried, and my Diploma, license, and residency paperwork makes for a poor paper weight!
Plus, I am ESL, not a wordsmith, with poor diction. Hence, the power of the Ignore button.

I've learned to just skip posts from trolls/cringe-ass mofos.
It's like an auto ignore button

Members don't see this ad :)
Hah, anyone know where on profile one would look to see who you've ignored? I tried looking on my account settings already
@owlegrad ?

I'd be totally surprised if I just happen to not have anyone on ignore, LOL
It's under account settings. Are you using the app or a browser?

Hah, anyone know where on profile one would look to see who you've ignored? I tried looking on my account settings already
@owlegrad ?

I thought it was under settings.

@owlegrad ?

Oh, that's the coolest part. You will see "ignored member" all over the threads, after you log in, if you have people on ignore.

My new goal is to become the most ignored person on SDN.

Not hard considering there's only ten of us remaining after the mods banned everyone.

• Haha
Why on Earth would you want to do that? We're the epitome of charm and class!

But no you can't, I just tried and it wasn't an option.
I think its interesting that I have the option to ignore you but not Owlegrad. I guess it is the "staff member" tag not the "administrator" tag that removes the ability.

I think its interesting that I have the option to ignore you but not Owlegrad. I guess it is the "staff member" tag not the "administrator" tag that removes the ability.
I'm an administrator. I tried to ignore owle as well and there wasn't an option to ignore but there was on regular moderators.

Weird.

Pharmacy subreddit is godawful.. There are plenty of other cool subreddits however depending on your interests..

My new goal is to become the most ignored person on SDN.

You could be like the PharmtoPA guy who would ramble on with blocks of unintelligible text and lash out with non-interesting, non-humorous insults at us regulars.

Pharmacy subreddit is godawful.. There are plenty of other cool subreddits however depending on your interests..
Reddit sucks. It encourages the democratisation of thought and, in turn, groupthink due to it's lame ass up/down voting system. If too many people disagree with someone's thought, it can be hidden and suppressed into oblivion.

Reddit sucks. It encourages the democratisation of thought and, in turn, groupthink due to it's lame ass up/down voting system. If too many people disagree with someone's thought, it can be hidden and suppressed into oblivion.

Yes it’s difficult to participate and majority of the times your thread would be deleted by moderators. Having said that, there are some quality subreddits that I browse (not participate) for information.

Examples include askeconomics, OutoftheLoop, printsf etc. Askeconimics sometimes has quality discussions and replies often come from people who are actual economists. Outoftheloop is awesome; you basically can look up summary of anything recent that happened but you don’t know about (what happened with Amber Heard vs Johnny Depp case for example). Printsf discusses Sci-Fi books; those people have read everything and they often give you quality recommendations on what books you should read next. These are just the examples of forums I visit regularly and find useful.

Agreed. The stereotype of the typical male Reddit user is accurate for a reason, i think.