Academic General Cardiologist

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ThisGurleysOnFire

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello! I'm wondering what people know about niches within general academic cardiology.

I am hoping to be an academic general cardiologist, though can't close the door completely yet on IC, EP, HF, etc. just yet. As I have seen at my academic program even general cardiologists have niches that they fit into, for example, prevention or echo.

What are some of the niches people have seen within general cardiology? I'm hoping to explore this further. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Within general cardiology - interventional echo, cardiac imaging (CT/MRI), cardiooncology, cardiac critical care, cardiogenetics, pulmonary hypertension, prevention, women's cardiology

Reactions: 1 user
100% of the work for 40% of the pay but if that's what you want more power to you

Reactions: 1 users
Adding to above: sports cardiology, congenital, amyloid, HCM, nuclear, epidemiology/socioeconomics, lipidology.

And it's more like 70% of the work for 60% the pay unless you're at a Harvard tier place.

Reactions: 1 user