ACC Conference 2018

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Bah

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi first time ACC conference goer (soon to be Fellow) this coming March, I only saw a couple other threads from prior without much information. The ACC Scientific Session website has an incredibly cool tool: itinerary planner, however I realize there is so many things available. I don't want to spread myself too thin.

I am hoping to make it to the personalized skills center and poster sessions in between other lectures but wondering how people generally navigate this. I was wondering how the "Learning Destinations" were (the Pharmaceutical talks) or should I stick to more of the scientific sessions. And also any tips on navigating the actual expo? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi first time ACC conference goer (soon to be Fellow) this coming March, I only saw a couple other threads from prior without much information. The ACC Scientific Session website has an incredibly cool tool: itinerary planner, however I realize there is so many things available. I don't want to spread myself too thin.

I am hoping to make it to the personalized skills center and poster sessions in between other lectures but wondering how people generally navigate this. I was wondering how the "Learning Destinations" were (the Pharmaceutical talks) or should I stick to more of the scientific sessions. And also any tips on navigating the actual expo? Thanks!

I went to ACC last year. I would use this opportunity to 1) go to a few scientific sessions you're interested in, 2) network, and 3) have a good time. If you have friends or know of fellows/faculty from your future institution who are going, this would be a great opportunity to meet up with them. I spent most of my time between the opening session, a few in my area of interest, the fellows jeopardy, and walking around the poster sessions/oral presentations to support people I know who are presenting.

Reactions: 1 user
Go for the booze

Honestly idk how much “networking” you get out of this. It’s an enormous conference. I went to a few lectures and talks, met a few friends, saw some interesting posters, and hung out in the city where ACC was hosted and enjoyed the local cuisine. The live cases are pretty cool.

Members don't see this ad :)
Haven't been to ACC but have gone to HRS conferences which are also large with multiple "tracks" and numerous lectures going on simultaneously at any given time so it can be difficult to figure out what to go to.

I would pick a few lectures that interest you to attend. I wouldn't try and squeeze in a doze talks during the day or something as you're still early in your career/training and not going to retain anything before a few key points from maybe a couple talks.

There also tend to be a number of lectures designed for fellows and residents. Would scope out a couple of these if they fit your schedule.

Thank you, seemed a bit overwhelming at the amount you can see, I will dial it back a little and just enjoy rather than spread myself too thin. Plus definitely some booze!