Acceptance and rejection...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

UtahDad

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I don't know if I have asked this before, but I still don't know the answer. Do you think that most schools will at some point in the cycle offer a yes or a no answer on admissions/interviews. I am wondering if we will get to the end of the cycle and still not have heard (obviously implying a no) from several schools. I would like to at least hear a yes or a no from every school I applied to. I have been rejected by two school so far which is a bummer, but it is nice to at least know I don't have to keep watching for the possiblity of an interview. Does that make sense? Does anyone know what the "norm" is?

Members don't see this ad.

I don't know personally, but I remember reading threads by people who either never heard or got their rejections after the school year started. Hopefully that is the exception, and not the rule

I don't know personally, but I remember reading threads by people who either never heard or got their rejections after the school year started. Hopefully that is the exception, and not the rule

That would really be tough to keep wondering. I too hope that it is the exception.

Pic somewhat related.
1159119982801.png

Members don't see this ad :)

Rejection letters are usually sent out in bulk and may not address your actual failure. Make sure you contact these schools for detailed explanations that make better sense to you.

I don't know if I have asked this before, but I still don't know the answer. Do you think that most schools will at some point in the cycle offer a yes or a no answer on admissions/interviews. I am wondering if we will get to the end of the cycle and still not have heard (obviously implying a no) from several schools. I would like to at least hear a yes or a no from every school I applied to. I have been rejected by two school so far which is a bummer, but it is nice to at least know I don't have to keep watching for the possiblity of an interview. Does that make sense? Does anyone know what the "norm" is?

Regardless of whether they contact you or not, i think its in your best interest to check up on the schools every now and then. for example, by march (or whenever you deem neccessary) if you havent recieved any word from certain schools, give them a call to see whats up. i paid good money to have my application reviewed by these schools and i want, at the very least, to know what they decide.